HATE COMMENTS AND CRITICISM

Hey guys!

So I just wanna share some personal matters with you about hate comments, criticism, especially in a story that has so many cliche plots- well, like this book.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still human. I know a lot of the parts are too cheesy and cliche that even I cringe reading them while I try to edit. But seeing some comments stating how annoyingly cliche it is kinda hurts my feelings. Like I said, I'm still human, and I have feelings. I'm not those kinds of writers that just ignores all hate comments and not have a tiny bit of hurt felt in them.

And as a Wattpad writer speaking for other Wattpad writers, we deserve at least some respect for having written a book. Cliche or not, all of us had actually spent a lot of time writing, be it for the fun of it or for the reading pleasure of other readers.

I'm sorry if this has gotten too deep and all, but I've been reading books and seeing these types of comments, and some similar ones in this book, just ticks me off. Some readers may say it's cliche nicely, and I'm fine with that. But once they start adding on some other mean comments on top of that, it makes me mad.

And it's not just about me now. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but what if just a single mean comment could make the writer feel discouraged to continue on writing, especially if they're new to Wattpad and are still young? I'm not talking about myself. I started writing this book cuz I thought it'd be fun to put my imagination into words.

I'm not telling you readers to not state your opinions at all, but at least state it nicely, and not with rude or vulgar words or words that'll make the writer feel degraded as a person.

There's also a line between commenting hate comments on the characters of the book and the writer. It's fine if you go all ape shit on the characters of the book in the comments, but being rude to the writer is a whole other thing.

Also, I'd like to just point out the grammar nazis. Now, I know that some books may not be perfect and contain spelling and grammar errors, but seriously, it just takes one frigging person to correct it. There's no need for multiple of the same comments pointing out the same mistakes. I'm sure the writer saw the comment the first time, and you really didn't have to make it as though the writer has really bad spelling and grammar. Also, if you aren't so sure yourself, then leave it alone. I've seen in many books where they're all pointing out the same mistake, but their answers are different. O.o I really don't mind grammar nazis, but some of them really don't have to be too extreme. :x

But I find that they're much better than some readers who comments on mistakes the writer made, and not even trying to help correct. As most people say, constructive criticism is better. I'm not so sure how to explain this though...

All in all, I just wanna speak for other Wattpad writers out there. I hope all of you understand where I'm coming from. ︶﹏︶

And as danisnotonfire promotes,
#NicerInternet << Let's promote this on Wattpad too.