C13.1: A Whole New World

Chapter 13 Part 1

A Whole New World

After his breakdown, Ian had to think and process a few things. It finally sunk into Ian's head that this wasn't his world, this isn't his life, this isn't his body.

Well, now it is.

He's been so caught up with his new family and this new chance of life to really think about what has happened and the amount of change and responsibility this has brought him.

This world was different from his. Some things (maybe even most of them) were the same, but the most obvious difference was the presence of 'gers'.

He wasn't even sure how it all worked and he was hesitant in even trying to touch on how it would be scientifically impossible.

But who knows really, if having a second life is possible then why not men who can give birth? He tried not to think about it too hard after the first few times he ran his head in circles about it.

One thing he had to think about for example is how the Bernards can just sell their ger son like that. He doesn't even know how to forgive Chenyi for accepting such a thing.

But this world treated gers in different ways from men and women.

After searching around, gers are seemingly coerced (Ian would say forced really) into marriages for the benefit of himself or his family and that's been the norm for a while now in this world.

It's been slowly changing recently, but a lot of people seem to still practice such things.

It helps that it's never been fully instated into the laws of the world but most people are too used to it to even say anything about it.

And it all bubbles down into his situation now.

"I... I have to tell you something." Ian told Chenyi as they settled into the couch in Chenyi's study.

He's been avoiding Chenyi while he wrapped his head around everything.

Chenyi lets him have his space, seemingly aware that he needs time to himself after all the revelations.

Of course they kept peace in front of Wenduo, not wanting to have absent parents once more, but that was the only way the two would interact. Until this moment at least.

Ian had to talk about everything with Chenyi. So he sought him out in his study before asking to settle down and have a talk to explain things and try to understand more about each other.

"I'm not the 'Ian' you know. My previous name is Xie Yan, and I'm from another world. A world where there's no such thing as gers." Ian explained, exhaling a little when he starts feeling more and more nervous.

"...I know."

Silence swept through the study when Ian seemed to hold his breath.

"...what?" Ian muttered, his eyes wide in shock.

This Author has something to say:

With Baby Momma finally caught up on Chrysanthemum Garden, we can now go back to updating it here on Wattpad!

However updates on CG will be ahead on chapters compared to here on Wattpad, so if you wanna be up to date with the latest chapters you can find it on Chrysanthemum Garden!

I'll comment the link, or you can check out our latest post for it too <33

And I know I said that my usual schedule is 10 PM, but some stuff have come up and I may have to change my update schedule to 9 PM instead.

Copyright © 2021 Lille Ally Sato