C17: His Point of View

Ian wasn't happy.

He felt numb, empty.

He didn't know how he felt, he didn't know what was wrong, he didn't know why it was wrong.

What he did know was something was wrong.

...he thinks it's him. There's something wrong with him.

He's supposed to care, but he doesn't know how... how to care for the little boy he gave birth to.

The little boy who stared at him with such strong emotion in his eyes that he couldn't really identify, but it always left his stomach churning.

Throughout the years, he was often pushed to spend time with the boy.

Ian doesn't really understand.

Growing up, his parents never spent time with him. He did just fine with his toys and the servants, he thinks.

Maybe he would do the same if he just stayed in his room.

His parents used to go to work, but he was told to stay at home by Chenyi. So he can only stay in his room instead.

And Chenyi, the man he married, the man with such a hard stare.

What exactly does he want?

What does he want him to say?

What does he want him to do after he gives birth to his heir?

His parents always told him what to do, and he always did them perfectly.

But why isn't Chenyi? Why is this man not telling him what else he should do?

He had no possible idea of what he should do.

And as he lay on his bed, it became more apparent he didn't know what to do anymore.

He was empty, then he was gone.

And that's when some god out there came.

And Ian was taken away.

And all that's left was an empty shell.

And suddenly his eyes opened up and he breathed.

It wasn't empty anymore.

This time, it was Xie Yan.

The Author has something to say:

I noticed a little something I missed when I was revising.

The main protagonist's original name was Xie Yan, but in later chapters I had written Xian.

...I decided to make it Xie Yan then added the last name Ling, which is the name you'd have read now :))

Also, one reader pointed out a plot hole that didn't really come into my mind hehe

So thank you whoever it was! I forgot your username—

They pointed out that autism would be something that would occur to the brain, so a person's soul replacing another would mean the brain would still have the same disorder.

I didn't really think about that so Xie Yan (the new Ian) isn't affected by the disorder— I just wanted to point this out to you guys as well 😓😅

~Lille Ally Sato

Copyright © 2021 Lille Ally Sato