PART 6

CUT TO:

INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING--DAY.

Clark sits at his computer. He is looking over an article online about the batman and the sons of batman that the Gotham Gazette had published titled : THE BAT BRAND OF JUSTICE.

PERRY
KENT I WANNA TALK TO YA!

Clark looks up to see Perry at his office door . Clark shuts the article and hurries over.

Perry hands him a press pass.

CLARK
What's this for?

PERRY
It's your golden ticket to the chocolate factory. Lex Luthor is hosting an event tomorrow for the metropolis library and most of my people are packed so I need you there to get all the coverage. Oh, and try and sneak in a question or two about Luthor's extraterrestrial BFF if you get to schmooze the guy.

CLARK
Right.

CUT TO:

EXT.LEXCORP ESTATE, METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

The venue is Lex Luthor's grand, sprawling mansion. Bruce steps out a yellow Lamborghini and the paparazzi cameras go wild, clicking away like hungry hyenas.

INT. LEXCORP ESTATE , METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

A crowd of well dressed men and women are gathered around a small podium .

ANNOUNCER
Philanthropist. Bibliophile. True friend of the library of Metropolis. Your host , Lex Luthor.

The crowd claps , parting to allow Lex Luthor onto the podium. Clark smiles as Luthor passes by on his way to the front .

LUTHOR
Thank you, Nikki.

He kisses the announcer on the cheeks and smiles at the crowd.

LUTHOR
Now before I start on tonight, I just--I wanna take a moment and address the unfortunate event that took place about a week ago. The Hunter fort bombing.(Clark's smile fades slowly) Now even though he was my competition for office and didn't miss an opportunity to throw me a punch now and then, I considered Mr. Daniel Turpin a good friend of mine. A respectable man. He was the true philanthropist.A champion of the people of this great city.

We see Bruce standing at the back of the crowd.

LUTHOR
You know, the word 'Philanthropist' comes from the Greek, meaning 'a lover of humanity'. (Bruce turns away and slips out of the crowd discreetly)It was coined about give or take 2500 years ago.

BRUCE
Alright. Where am I going, Alfred ?

INT.BATCAVE--NIGHT.

Alfred sits in front of the computers , a map of the Luthor estate in front of him.

ALFRED
Go past the elevator. Do a left.

INT. LEXCORP ESTATE , METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

Clark hears Alfred's voice coming from Bruce's earpiece. He notices Bruce slipping out past a corner.

ALFRED
(Through the earpiece)
That's where you wanna be.
It's in the service corridor in the basement. Go down the stairs.