Part 8

CUT TO:
INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING-NIGHT.

Lois is trying to get the printer to work.

LOIS
Hey ,Dave you check the ink cartridges on this thing recently?I think they're runnin dry.

There was no answer but Lois notices her co-workers all rushing somewhere, chatting fervently. The news channel was being shown.

Lois approaches Jimmy Olsen, who's standing at the front of the crowd of onlookers.

LOIS
What's going on?

Perry joins them.
Footage of the UFO slowly orbiting through the blue sky is being shown on the CNN live coverage.

CUT TO:
INT.KENT HOUSE-DAY

Clark is watching the football game as he picks up a beer bottle and opens it.

We see Martha  staring up at the sky outsideon the front porch , a wicker basket in her hands.

MARTHA
Clark?

CLARK
Yeah? Coming.

Clark exits the house and walks towards his mother. Noticing her looking up, he follows her gaze and he sees it.

The UFO orbiting in the sky.

We see from his POV as he uses his heightened vision and zooms in. We clearly see the alien spaceship.

CUT TO:

INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING-NIGHT.

Everybody in the office is gathered, their eyes glued to the television monitor.

Suddenly, the CNN coverage is cut by a distorted, grainy, black and white video footage . Nothing is visible clearly but you could tell that it was a close up of a being's face.

ZOD
You are not alone.

Tension is in the air as the people in the newsroom watch in shock.

ZOD
You are not alone.

We cut back to the kent house to see Clark and Martha  watching as the same transmission plays on their TV.

ZOD
You are not alone.

We intercut a scene of the same broadcast being shown in all tv , phone and computer screens across the world.

ZOD
You are not alone.

We cut back to the daily planet building where we see Perry look away from the tv screen at Lois.

ZOD
You are not alone.

Then the message changes.

ZOD
I am General Zod Of Krypton. I have come from a world far from yours. I have journeyed an ocean of stars to reach you.

Lois and Perry exchange a tense look.

ZOD (CONT'D)
For some time now, your world has sheltered one of my citizens . I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep  his existence a secret from you... He will have made efforts to blend in. He will look like one of you . But he is not one of you.  I urge the people of Earth to deliver this person to my company and we may leave your planet without further altercations. It is not my wish to impose on your planet more than I have to.