Part 12

CUT TO :

EXT. KRYPTONIAN MOTHERSHIP-CONTINUOUS.

The bay doors slide open and a platform slowly extends out of the opening, with Zod walking forwards . He begins detaching his armor off of his body, layer by layer until he stood in nothing but the black under armor with his family crest emblazoned on the chest.

Superman is down at the streets, lowering a car down . He looks up,  notices Zod and flies up towards him, hovering mid air.

There is a torn expression on Superman's face and he is still conflicted about the whole ordeal.

SUPERMAN
Zod.It doesn't have to go this way.
We both want the same thing.

ZOD
No. No we do not, Kal.

SUPERMAN
Billions are gonna die.
I can't let that happen.

Zod silently glares at Superman , seething in  anger.

SUPERMAN
Please don't make me do this.

But before Superman can react, Zod leaps forward and punches Superman so hard that a ripple is created on the air, sending him flying backwards and crashing through three buildings.

Superman staggers to his feet, a shocked look on his face.

Zod flies down towards Superman ,as if he'd been capable of doing that how whole life.

SUPERMAN
You're.... You're flying ?

ZOD
I was bred to be a warrior, Kal.Spent my entire life training, mastering my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?!

Zod bursts forward and punches Superman hard, and follows through with the punch, the fist never leaving Superman's body, both of them rocketing through a dozen buildings .

Superman groans as he lies there in the rubble.

ZOD (CONT'D)
I have to ensure the survival of our race, Kal. And I will eliminate anyone who stands in my way....No matter who it is.

Superman doesn't react, simply staring at Zod , not knowing what to do.

Then on compulsion, he charges at Zod, but he completely sidesteps Superman, they engage in a fist fight of rapid, explosive quick movements. But Zod is clearly winning due to his training and expertise in hand to hand combat.

He bests Superman in a set of quick, highly precise movements of his hand and knees.

Zod then grabs him by the cape and hurls him down through a few buildings and into the empty central park below where Superman crashes hard through most of the trees, snapping them like twigs before stopping in a shallow trench in the ground.

Zod hovers over as Superman gets back up. Superman leaps up out of the trench and stands in front of Zod.

ZOD
There's only one way this ends .I will fulfill my purpose and I will rebuild Krypton ...on the graves of these pathetic humans you've adopted.