Part 9

CUT TO:

FLASH BACK

INT.SMALLVILLE SCHOOL BUILDING -DAY.

We see the history teacher writing on the board.

HISTORY TEACHER
When Kansas became a territory-
Clark?

We see all the students in the class turn to an 8 year old Clark sitting in the middle of the class.

HISTORY TEACHER
Are you still with us?

We see a panicking expression on Clark's face as he stares around him, panting as if he'd just run a mile.

The teacher smiles and nears Clark.

HISTORY TEACHER
Could you tell me who first settled
in Kansas?

We see Clark look away from the window and at his teacher and then gasp ; his eyes widen in horror.

We now see from Clark POV.

We see the teacher's skull within her body, her organs, her pumping heart.

Clark looks away at Lana sitting to his right and we see the same thing.

We hear random sounds, radio coms of passing by police vehicles, whispers and screams. We hear a dog barking faintly in the distance. We hear pencil tapping, a fire engine alarm ringing, an arguement between people who aren't even in the classroom.

The teacher notices Clark behaving strangely. 

HISTORY TEACHER
Are you alright,Clark?

Clark covers his ears and bolts out of the classroom.

TEACHER
Clark!

We see from Clark's POV as he runs down the hallway. He sees through walls.

He spots a janitorial closet and shuts himself inside.

We then cut to a closeup of the teacher's hand as she knocks on the door .

Clark's classmates are gathered around him.

HISTORY TEACHER
Clark? What happened ?  Come out of there!

CLARK
Leave me alone!

TEACHER
Clark, I've called your mother.

The teacher tries yanking at the doorknob.

We see Clark glare up in anger at the doorknob and we see his irises glow crimson.

The doorknob heats up and the teacher YELPS and YANKS her hand off the knob.

MARTHA
I'm here! I'm here! Clark?

We see Martha running down the hall towards them.

MARTHA
Clark ,Honey? It's me! It's mom!
Will you open the door?

We see Clark sitting in the darkness, holding his ears.

We hear whispers of the other kids outside.
Clark looks up and he can see the kids on the other side whispering about him.

CLASSMATE #1
What's wrong with him anyway?