PART 11

INT.LEXCORP RESEARCH PARK, METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

We follow Mercy as she makes her way to the genome labs and opens the doors.

Luthor stands before the cryo cylinder .

Mercy makes her way to him.

MERCY
Superman(she hands him her tablet) . He's surrendering himself to the hearings tomorrow.

Luthor smirks  .

CUT TO:

EXT.CAPITOL BUILDING, DC--DAY.

We see a swarm of reporters, paparazzis and civilians with divisive signboards in the superman gathered outside a perimeter for the building.

We focus on a CNN reporter on the scene.

CNN REPORTER AT THE CAPITOL
--And of course the big unknown in all of this is 'will Superman show up'? That is what everyone on the scene is questioning , will he make good on his promise to the authorities last night or--

INT.CAPITOL BUILDING, DC--CONTINUOUS.

Senator Finch is preparing his seat at the panel table when Mercy shows up . Senator Finch tenses up at the sight of her.

Mercy smiles and walks forward, holding out a phone to her.

MERCY
He wants to have a word .

Senator Finch nervously purses her lips and looks at the phone before reaching to it.

EXT.CAPITOL BUILDING, DC--CONTINUOUS.

We hear the noise from the crowd. We see the silhouette of Superman hovering above the capitol building.

CNN REPORTER AT THE CAPITOL
And there he is! Superman is here!

INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING--DAY.

CLOSE ON Jimmy as he stands with the rest of Clark's co workers, watching the CNN news footage.

CNN REPORTER AT THE CAPITOL
He is actually at the United States capitol ! This is a historic moment!

INT.LOIS'S HOTEL ROOM IN DC--CONTINUOUS.

Lois watches the news on her tv.

CNN REPORTER AT THE CAPITOL
We expect Superman will give some kind of statement to the Senate, to the American people and of course , to the world.

EXT.CAPITOL BUILDING, DC--CONTINUOUS.

Superman flies down and lands softly. He looks around at the people gathered around the perimeter. His reception is mixed .

Superman looks back up at the Capitol building . We get a wide shot of an imposing figure showing us how small Superman looks in front of it. We see he has a nervous look on his face.

Superman moves up the steps .

INT.CAPITOL BUILDING, DC--CONTINUOUS.

The doors of the courthouse open and Superman walks in.

The chatter amongst those gathered inside immediately die down as they state at him. He looks around and sighs. He then walks forward. The panel includes Senator Finch and Amanda Waller.

Senator Finch stares at him, a bit of nervous energy about her. The panel is seated, still staring as superman steps upfront before the panel.

SENATOR FINCH
Let me say at the outset that I'm greatful to our witnesses for coming before us today.