1.46

That night, JJ clung onto me and visa versa until we fell asleep in his bed. We were both exhausted and so done with that day that we didn't even say a word to each other. The silence was enough.

In the morning, we were sitting with our feet dangling in the hot tub, waiting for John B to come back from his early morning fishing trip with Ward.

JJ hand was resting on my thigh, and I desperately held on to it. I let him go once, and than last night happened, I don't want to repeat that.

Kie and Pope were testing out the system Pope came up with to get the gold and sure enough, it worked great.

JJ, ofcourse, already had a beer in his hand this early in the morning. And this time, I couldn't say that I didn't take an occasional sip.

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked Kie, who was sitting in a bucket hanging from the tree.

"Feels good." Kie answered.

"Allright, I'm taking you down."

"Okay."

"John B, pulling a Houdini." JJ said as he put his beer down.

"Yeah, where is he. I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. We gotta get this done." Pope said.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ said when John B came rushing into the yard without saying a word, not even about the sudden hot tub and the twinkle lights everywhere. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope corrected, making me smile at the small banter. But it was quick to fall when I noticed John B was not slowing down, or acknowledging we were there, and I got worried.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked, but John B remained silent.

I shared a confused look with the pogues before we tried catching up to him.

"Uh... what's that all about." Pope asked after John B ignored all of our calls to him.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ said as he climbed out of the hot tub.

When we got inside, John B was pulling open drawers, as if he was looking for something.

"You all right, man? What- what's up?" Pope asked.

"What are you looking for?" Kie added.

But still no answer.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ asked but he still said nothing.

"Could you just answer us?" I asked, stepping forward a bit, but taking a step back immediately when John B turned around with a gun in his hand.

"John B, what do you need the gun for?" JJ said, stepping into John B's way.

"Just- no." Was the first thing John B said.

"Talk to us!" JJ said back but John B put his hands on JJ shoulders and threw him on the pull out couch next to him.

"John B, chill!" Kie yelled.

"What the fuck is going on?" I tried once again.

"What are you doing?"

"What, are you JJ now?" Pope said, I slightly winced at the comment, since it was a bit harsh, but I brushed it off when John B stormed out again, throwing Pope against the table in the process.

Kie quickly reassured Pope was okay before rushing out after John B. "John B, what the hell are you doing?" She yelled.

When we got outside again, John B was on JJ's bike. "John B, what the hell?" Kie yelled as she stormed down the stairs.