1.36

We reached the chateau pretty fast. I had placed myself on the front of the boat, catching a tan while the guys drank their beer and JJ smoked once more.

I opened my eyes when my sunglasses were suddenly lifted from my face, only to see them on JJ's nose as he jumped off the boat. I groaned as I pushed myself up, grabbing my shirt in the process. I pulled my shirt over my head, just catching JJ's face fall. I smirked once I walked past him on the dock, patting his cheek sweetly.

I hoped that was the end of it, but my smirk fell when I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I let out a small yell, which caused Pope and John B to turn around to our small interaction. JJ carried me over to the side of the dock, holding me above the water with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Put me down, JJ!" I yelled as I struggled to get out of his arms and away from the water.

After a few seconds of slowly letting his grip fall, causing me to slip closer and closer to the water, he pulled me back onto the dock. I sighed in relieve when my feet his the solid wooden floor. I slapped JJ's chest to get away from him while his smirk only grew in a low laugh. I made sure to bump his shoulder softly when I walked past him onto the grass.

"We should make sure we have everything for tomorrow." Pope said. Tomorrow we were supposed back to the place where the gold might be. The four pogues had yet to tell me where it was exactly, they thought it would ruin the surprise.

"We got everything in the van, we just have to make sure we all have dark clothes." John B said, pointing to the van over his shoulder.

I swallowed a small lump that had formed in the back of my throat. I didn't really pack a lot of black clothes, especially not anything that covers up a lot since it was a very hot summer and I simply had no room for any big hoodies. "I still have to go get those at my house." I softly said. I noticed JJ's jaw tighten.

"I'll come with you." JJ said when he started pulling me away. But I pulled back, making him stop walking.

"I think I'll be going alone." I softly said, JJ's fell even more. Pope and John B had turned away by now, focussing on their own conversation rather than ours. "I have to face her on my own one day, might as well be now." I explained.

"Jess, she'll be furious and you know that." JJ said, taking a small step closer as he rubbed circles on the back of my hand.

"The longer I stay away, the angrier she gets. I have to go alone." I sighed, shaking my head softly. He seemed to be hesitating but eventually let go of my hand and moved his hand up to my cheek. Cupping my face with both his hands.

"Just be careful, okay?" He mumbled, I nodded in respons as I placed my hand over his. JJ sighed deeply before pulling me in and placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Bye guys!" I yelled at the two guys on the porch of the chateau as I walked out of JJ's grasp.

"Bye!"

"Bye Jessi!"

The two yelled back with a small wave. I shot JJ one last smile before I walked back onto the dock where my boat was tied. The boat I took this morning to get to the chateau.

I drove off once I settled behind the steering wheel and made my way back to figure 8 and my house.

__________

After about 20 minutes, my house was in sight. No one was outside, the only movement were the pink flowers from the big blossom tree in the middle of the garden. For some reason that tree always gave me joy, but now it just made me nervous.

I docked once I had made it back and walked onto the grass. My palms were getting sweatier with every step I took closer to my house. The glass doors were reflecting my body vaguely. I took a quick glance inside. There was no one there, not someone I could see at least.