13: a remedy for the hurt and a new-found hope

┏━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┓

𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

bellatrix ruins the day once again

┗━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┛

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

For one fearsome moment, Veela felt like they didn't even leave the marquee at The Burrow in the first place but when she opened her squeezed shut eyes, she realised they were at a wholly different place.

The loud noise of the people on the street greeted them, though, by some miracle, none of them seemed to have noticed the four rather fancy-dressed arrive from thin air.

"Where are we?" Ron asked. 

Veela released her grip on Harry's sleeve.

"Tottenham Court Road," Hermione answered, not giving the other three any time to catch their breath from the nauseating experience of Apparating. She immediately stalked along the sidewalk, not taking her hand from Ron's. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for us to change."

Harry and Veela walked behind Ron and Hermione on the narrow and busy path, surrounded by early party-goers and people going home from work. Veela couldn't remember ever being here before and assumed she had no business being somewhere this busy anyways. Though Harry kept an appropriate distance from her, she could tell he kept an eye on her, checking if she was alright. Veela could only imagine how she must look to him right now; breathing heavily, face flushed, and eyes wide.

Seeing Bellatrix Lestrange again threw her entire world around. And definitely not in a good way.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, quiet enough for Ron and Hermione not to hear him.

"Bellatrix - she - she just took his memories," Veela panted. "Did you see? She put them in a vial!"

Harry nodded, his face looking like he was calculating their best next move concerning this topic.

"You know what that must mean, right?" Veela asked excitedly, though there was not a smile to be traced on her face. "She might have mine as well. You said you saw her curse bounce back that night - but neither of us was paying attention to her, obviously, so she might have also stored mine!"

Harry supposed it was concerning that his first reaction was not joy at the possibility of regaining his Veela's memories again. It was a hot, brooding, dark feeling deep in his bones, stemming from knowing that Veela's entire being was somewhere in Bellatrix's - and thereby Voldemort's - clutches.

"In here!" Hermione hissed, disappearing into a somewhat empty alleyway. 

"Hermione, we haven't got anything to change into," Ron reminded her, not seeming to understand how Hermione could possibly forget that vital detail.

"Why didn't I make sure I had my Invisibility Cloak on me?" Harry inwardly cursed himself for his recklessness. "All last year I kept it on me and now -"

"It's OK, I've got the Cloak, I've got clothes for all of us," Hermione assured him as she continued to stomp to the end of the alleyway s they'd have complete privacy from the busy London streets. "Just try and act naturally until - this will do."

"When you say you've got the Cloak and clothes ..." Harry looked at Veela to see if she shared his confusion but this all seemed to make sense to her. Harry didn't see a large bag on either of the two girls.