15: we'll see each other again

┏━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┓

𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

remus comes with news

┗━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┛

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Wait," Veela said, stopping in her tracks and staring at the door. 

"What? What is it?" Harry asked, his hands rubbing over his tear-stained cheeks. 

The pair had decided to walk back down to Ron and Hermione so they wouldn't worry if they woke up alone. Veela had let Harry cry every single tear he had within him before even standing up to leave the room. She was still so ... Veela

Harry's eyebrows rose as he looked between the door and Veela. Her face had gone blank as if her mind was elsewhere but her eyes were fixed on the door. 

The nametag on the door to be specific. 

Do Not Enter
Without Express Permission From Regulus Arcturus Black

"That name ..." Veela mumbled to herself.

"That's Sirius's brother," Harry told her. "He was ..." Harry's eyes widened with the realisation, "a Death Eater!"

"R.A.B." Veela said, looking at Harry. "It was on the letter."

"What -? Snape's letter?"

Veela nodded, unsure how she was so sure of that.

"But if this person knew about Regulus, writing about him so many years after his death ..." Harry trailed off. "It couldn't be from Dumbledore, he didn't know the locket Horcrux was stolen either. But neither did Voldemort."

"So Regulus stole the locket?" Veela asked for clarification. It all meant a whole lot of nothing to her.

"Yeah - yeah, he must've!" Harry nodded, excitement twinkling in his eyes. "But why would Regulus be mentioned in the letter to Snape?"

Harry looked at her, almost expecting her to know the answer immediately, but Veela couldn't give it to him. She didn't even know who the letter was from, let alone why those initials were mentioned. 

"That's all I still remember, I'm sorry," Veela said defeated. 

"'S alright," Harry said, never blaming her even one bit. "Shall we check inside?"

He reached out for the door handle but when he turned it he found it locked. From the corners of his eyes, he looked at Veela, to see if she pulled out her wand for the Unlocking Charm but she made no movement. Maybe Lupin hadn't taught her yet or she simply didn't remember the instinct of pulling out your wand at every minor inconvenience like every other wizard or witch.

Harry whispered "Alohomora", and the door made a click so when Harry turned the door handle again, this time it opened for them. 

Regulus's room was the same size as Sirius's - possibly slightly bigger, but instead of Sirius's Gryffindor colours of protest, Regulus did live up to the family name. From the curtains to the carpet, every piece of cloth in the room was either green, silver, or black. Above the bed had he painted the Black Family House Crest with its motto right beneath it. 

Veela crossed the room to examine it as Harry went on to the desk where he had noticed some pictures in elegant frames.

"Look, there's newspapers," Veela said as she ran her hand over the yellowed parchment Regulus had plastered onto the wall, right underneath the Black Family House Crest. "All of them are about Voldemort."