16: rather burn than tear

┏━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┓

𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫

eggs and suspicious parents

┗━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┛

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Harry, pay attention, this will be the first and last time I'll speak about this, OK?"

"Nothing about what you just said is true but alright."

Veela smacked him on his head with the stack of papers she had neatly prepared just for this evening.

Harry pretended to be in pain but his grin was as wide as his face. He ruffled his hair back to shape and crossed his arms as he looked at the numbers Veela had drawn in the previously empty air behind her.

She had been preparing this presentation of hers for quite a while and had not stopped talking about it since the first hint of the idea popped into her head back in their first year at Hogwarts. And Harry highly doubted that she was going to let this go after this.

"A'right, break a leg," Harry nodded at her as a gesture to get her started.

"Yes, OK, so," She tapped the bottom part of the stack of papers on the kitchen table of Grimmauld Place 12 beside them to get all the papers in the same place. She then took her wand and pointed it at the big, bright number 1 floating just beside her face. "Welcome to my debate about whether or not my parents are secretly magical. I'll have several," she gestured at the numbers ranking down in order, "points to prove my argument made here today starting with the very obvious."

Harry's cheek started to hurt from the bright smile on his face but he could not take his eyes off her, even when he was supposed to be paying attention to the eggs boiling on the stove. He was leaning against the kitchen counter with his arms crossed and one foot crossing the other.

Veela was quite the morning person and he didn't mind for one bit so when she had woken him up early in the morning to help her make breakfast he hadn't objected even for a moment. Of course, he hadn't yet known she had finally finished her essay about her magical non-magical parents.

"My parents naming me Veela William Willowbloom is my first piece of evidence my parents aren't as Muggly as they say they are," Veela started and her name appeared behind the floating number 1.

Harry couldn't argue with her on that point. Never in his life had he met someone with an as unique name as Veela.

"What are the chances they name their only child 'Veela', a name known to belong to gorgeous blonde - keyword is blonde here," she gestured at the mess that was her blonde hair, - people, who magically seduce you and also turn into very scary creatures when they're angry when my parents have no knowledge about the magical world? Slim to none I'd say."

"Living quite up to the name then," Harry said with another shit-eating grin.

Veela smacked him again.