18: godly shampoo

┏━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┓

𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐨

borrowed dreams

┗━━━━━━❂━━━━━━┛

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"You look terrible," Ron greeted Harry when he walked downstairs after Kreacher had awoken him. He had been sleeping in Sirius's old room. 

"Right back at you," Harry grumbled, sitting down at the kitchen table. Kreacher had moved to making them breakfast, being particularly kind to them ever since Harry gave him Regulus' locket. 

Hermione sat on the other end of the table, checking every item she was adding to her beaded bag whilst softly mumbling the plan to herself in order of when she needed the items. Her plate was already empty apart from the crumbs she left behind. 

"Not for long, though," Harry continued with a yawn. "I'm going to be real happy in a couple of hours."

"If everything goes according to plan," Hermione said sternly. She was nervous, Harry knew. 

"Oh, cheer up, will you," Ron said. "I'm sure everything will be fine."

Hermione gave him a look before continuing to pack her bag.

The sound of footsteps walking down the stairs pulled their attention towards the door and found Veela walking in looking very, very not terrible.

"She doesn't look terrible, how does she do that?" Ron whispered at Harry, louder than he meant to.

"It's a shampoo I found in my stuff," Veela explained, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder. "I reckon my body is happy to have it back again, I feel very refreshed."

And she looked that way, Harry saw. And he couldn't unsee it because his eyes did not leave her once. She looked new and sparkling and relaxed. Harry could not spot one agitated nerve on her even though he was so sure she was troubled about what they had to do later. 

Her thin hair was now full and bounced with every step she took, her skin was glowing and even her deep blue eyes were serene. For a moment, Harry could see her head lying on his lap, the summer sunlight shining on her face as she beheld him over her. On the Hogwarts grounds, with books scattered beside them on the blanket. 

The clatter of a plate being set on the table in front of him broke his daydream and he found his breakfast in front of him, made by Kreacher. 

"That's great, thanks Kreacher!" Ron said excitedly, happily grabbing the fork and knife beside his plate.

Harry heard Veela's footsteps come closer and he looked up to find her inspecting the contents of their breakfast. 

"What is it?" Ron asked her as he cut a piece off his toast and put a slice of sausage on top of it.

"I remembered why I don't like sausages."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

To get the four of them to the Ministry unseen, they all had to cram themselves to the very top of the stairs to the entrance of Grimmauld Place 12 and Disapparate in pairs with the Invisibility Cloak covering them. As Hermione Disapparated with Ron first so the two of them could begin the plan already, Harry and Veela stayed behind, standing shoulder to shoulder to leave some room for when Hermione Apparated back. 

Both of them had their eyes on the Death Eaters standing in the middle of the square in front of the block. They couldn't see them but that didn't ease their nerves.