𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE —— DIDN'T
SEE THAT COMING?

"MOTHERFUCKER." The girl ran close to a tree, holding her arm as she attempted to catch her breath.

"Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" Hazel rolled her eyes and scoffed as she came out from behind the tree, facing a group of about twelve Hydra soldiers who ran towards her. She held her hands out towards the men, as she muttered under her breath, hoping it would be enough for all of them.

"Guys, stay out of our way for a minute." The other Avengers all gave the red head an okay as the shadows on the ground from the trees got larger and darker. Suddenly, a hand crept out of the shadows, like it was pulling itself out of the darkness. The twelve men began to shoot at it, angering it as it began to run at them, the giant monster scooping them up on by one as they ran from it.

"You know, Haze. I've known you for about three years, and that still amazes me." Hazel chuckled as she watched her shadow monster run around, keeping the soldiers out of her way.

"I love my job."

    "The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." Hazel had finally met up with Thor, who had been throwing his hammer around like a boomerang at the soldiers.

    "Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. Ah, Lady Calico." Hazel rolled her eyes at the mans mannerisms and chuckled as she fought the Hydra men.

    "Thor, I told you, calling me Hazel or Haze is okay. No need to call me Calico, we are friends, you know?" Thor was about to speak when a bunch of bullets were fired at them, the two of the four least destructible Avengers. "Wow, they really thought that one through." Thor wrapped his arm around the girls waist and flew them towards the men, setting her down right in the middle of them. "Hey boys." The six soldiers turned to her and aimed their guns at the twenty year old. "Wish yourselves good luck for me." Suddenly the girl turned invisible, the men looking around in confusion as one of them fell to the floor, screaming in pain. "Alright, who's next?"

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"

"I know." Steve throws his bike at some soldiers driving up in their truck. "It just slipped out."

"Anyone got eyes on bird brains?" She could almost hear Clint scoff through the comm, making her smile as she ran through the trees, looking for her older brother. She quickly made her way towards him, taking cover behind trees as she made her way closer.

"You know, that name is getting old."

"Almost as old as you?" The man frowned as he brought his arrow up and shot it at his younger sister, who caught it with ease. Out of all of the people on the planet, the only one who could ever ruin Clint's hit streak with his arrows is his little sister.

"Nat, pigeon tried to shoot me." The rest of the heroes rolled their eyes as the siblings bickered back and forth.

"Clint, leave her alone." Hazel grinned, pointing at the man, as if she were telling him to listen. "Hazel, stop it." Clint raised his eyebrows at his sister, earning a scoff from her. Suddenly, someone sped through the forest, catching Clint's arrow as he shot at a bunker, then circling back around and knocking him down.

"You didn't see that coming?" Almost as quickly as the boy comes, he goes, in a blur. Hazel quickly brought her hand up to her ear, talking into her comm.

"We got an enhanced here, guys." The Barton siblings watch as the boy speed away, Clint aiming his arrow towards him, before getting a laser to his side. His younger sister, quickly rushed towards him, kneeling down next to him. "Clint's been hit. Nat, I need you over here." The older red head didn't hesitate to run towards the siblings, Steve's voice flooding through Hazel's ears.

"Haze, grab him." The girl hesitated, looking down at her older brother as he clutched his side. "Hazel. Go. Nat's on her way. Clint will be fine." Clint looked up at Hazel, his lips forming a straight line as he gave her a single nod, telling her to go. The red headed Barton girl nodded her head as she released her shadows after the silver haired boy. The giant moved fast, fast enough to keep up with the unknown enhanced.

"Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" Out of nowhere, Bruce, who was actually the Hulk in this case, leaped through the trees. The big green man rushed towards the firing guns and soldiers, taking them all out one by one, until there wasn't anything left. "Thank you." Hazel and her shadow continued after the boy, finally catching up to him. The giant monster engulfed him, nothing too harmful because Hazel wasn't exactly sure they needed to kill him just yet.

"This just gets easier and easier, doesn't it?" Hazel chuckled as the giant shadow held the unknown boy in his place, almost as if they had glued his feet to the snow covered floor. "What, didn't see that coming?"

"What is this?" Hazel grinned at the boys heavy accent, shrugging as the boy furrowed his brows. He thrashed around, trying to get out of the shadow monsters grasp. 

"One of my many great powers." The boy anxiously ran a hand through his hair, watching the girl slowly pace back and forth with her hands behind her back, a smirk on her face. "This just happens to be my favorite one." Over the comms, Hazel could hear Natasha's voice, slight panic coming through at the end.

"Hazel, we need you back here." The girl sighed, rolling her eyes with a shake of her head, turning to the boy.

"So bipolar. First, they want me to come and get you and then, they want me back over there. Can't make up their minds." The Barton girl chuckled as she gave a slight flick of her hand, the shadow monster practically dissolving into the surrounding shadows around it. The boy looked at the girl, confused as to why she let him go. "Well, looks like luck is on your side. See you later, Sonic!"