𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE ——
THE BIRTH OF VISION

"I'M GONNA SAY THIS ONCE." Steve and Hazel walked in front of the twins, just in case one of the other heroes did something stupid.

"How about "nonce"? Hazel rolled her eyes as she leaned against one of the desks in the lab, crossing her arms as she glared at Tony.

"How about shut the fuck up for once in your life, Stark." Pietro and Wanda looked at each other in shock at what the girl just said, her glare now turning into a smirk. Bruce kept his eyes on Wanda, knowing what she had done to him when they last met.

"Shut it down!" The billionaire shook his head as the super soldier told him that he didn't know what he was doing.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Wanda cautiously stepped out from behind Steve, letting the man know that she knew he was angry. "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change your shade." The red headed Barton girl stood up from her seat on the desk, watching Bruce's every move.

"But you aren't going to, Bruce. No point in trying." The three men and Wanda began to shout at each other making Pietro and Hazel shake their heads. The girl turns her head to meet eyes with the boy, shrugging as she motioned to the cradle. Pietro smiled at the girl before speeding around the lab, holding up one of the cradle plugs.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Suddenly, the glass shattered from under him, the Sokovian boy falling through the glass as Wanda called out for him. Hazel groaned as she walked over to the broken glass, seeing her brother standing over the boy. She squated down, her arms still crossed as she looked down at the two boys on the lower level.

"Men, I swear."

"I'm rerouting the upload." Before Tony could even touch the computers in front of him, Steve threw his shield, knocking out all of the monitors. The Stark man was quick to grab his suit hand, shooting at Steve. Hazel's shadows quickly wrapped around Tony's legs, confusing him.

"You aren't doing shit, Stark." Bruce was quick to wrap his arm around Wanda's neck, holding her in a chokehold.

    "Go ahead, piss me off." After some fighting, Thor entered the lab, standing on top of the cradle. Hazel shielded her eyes as Thor lifted up his hammer, lightning coursing through him and the hammer. "Wait!" The Asgardian doesn't bother listening, bringing his hammer down onto the cradle, making the computers go crazy. The cradle began to expand as Hazel used her shadows to create a force field around herself, Wanda, and Steve as the giant hunk of metal exploded. After a few seconds, Hazel left the thick shadow wall fall, revealing a red man looking thing who seemed to be just as confused as them.

    "Hey, man. Might want to cover yourself up, you know? Human decency thing." The red man just turned to look at Thor, launching himself at the God. Thor threw him off of him, through the lab window and out towards the large windows to see the city. The strange red man stopped himself before colliding with the glass, holding himself in the air as the other heroes made their way into the area. Pietro and Clint met the two girls at the staircase, the younger man standing between Hazel and his sister while Clint stood by the couches.

    "Your brother is quite rude, you know, red?" Hazel glanced over at her brother, who was already glaring at the boy next to her before turning back to the Maximoff boy.

    "I mean, you did kind of drop him on his ass when you first met. Old man takes things like that seriously." The Sokovian boy chuckled as the two turned back to the things happening in front of them.

    "I'm sorry, that was...odd. Thank you." The Barton girl scoffed, wondering how weird her night could get after this.

    "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." The man pointed to the yellow gem inside the red mans forehead as Bruce questioned it. "It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

    "Then why would you bring it to-" Before the super soldier could finish, Thor cut him off, completely catching everyone off guard.

    "Because Stark is right." Hazel's eyes widened as she gasped, explaining how she never thought that sentence would come out of anyone's mouth. "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

    "Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" The Stark man hesitated for a moment before explaining to everyone.

    "We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new."

    "You think I'm a child of Ultron?" The Rogers man looked at the now clothed red man, asking him if he was not. "I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am." Wanda stepped towards the red thing, Pietro closely behind her to make sure she was safe.

    "I looked in your head and saw annihilation." The red man looked down at the dark haired girl, telling her to look again.

    "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me."

    "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Before Thor could continue to speak, Steve looked at the red robot thin, asking if he was on our side.

    "I don't think it's that simple." Hazel sighed in frustration as she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

    "We can make it real simple, Elmo." The red man looked at her and then the floor, hesitating for a second before answering.

    "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." The Stark man looked around the room, asking what Ultron was waiting for. "You."

APOLLO SPEAKS
lol i hate this chapter
my writing has been terrible
lately so I haven't updated

I'm trying not to give you guys
shitty chapters but with summer
sports coming up, it's hard to manage
everything.

FALL/WINTER IS MY PRIME TIME

lol anyways
I love you all, you all deserve
the world and more <3