𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE —— THOR'S
GOT A LITTLE CLUB TOO

    "LAB'S ALL SET UP, BOSS." Tony's chair slowly turns to Maria, the man getting out of it as he pointed at Steve.

    "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Hazel chuckled as she and Steve stood up from their search through the small compartments, the girl not bothering to go with her brother. She knew he would be fine without her because he had Nat. Plus this wasn't the first time he had been badly hurt and it definitely won't be the last.

    "What's the word on Strucker?" Hazel and Steve walked out of the Quinjet with Maria, listening as she spoke. Hazel didn't need to be there but she found that it was the only thing to do while Dr. Cho fixed her brother. The brunette agent and Steve spoke, the Barton girl just listening along.

    "The two enhanced?" Maria held her tablet out to the two heroes, showing her a picture of the boy and girl.

    "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." The older woman pressed on the picture, which was actually a video, playing it. The boy in the picture didn't look the same as the boy Hazel had interacted with for those few minutes in the woods. The boy in the video had dark brown hair, not blonde, almost white hair. His facial hair was cleaned up, while the boy she had met had a lot more stubble running farther up his jaw to his ear. "Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special." Steve nodded in understanding as he asked what their abilities were. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Steve and Hazel look at her funny as they reach the elevator, the Barton girl questioning her.

    "So, he's fast and she's weird? Hear that, Capsicle? Crazy people." Steve side eyed the girl as she grinned, watching the super soldier hand Maria her tablet back, telling her they were going to show up again.

    "Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." Hazel looked at the two older adults, sighing because she knew how Steve volunteered to be experimented on too. The Barton girl almost always knew what was going on with Steve, wether it be what he felt or what he was thinking becuase thats how close they were. They were practically best friends, almost brother and sister in some cases. Complete opposites but it still worked for them.

    "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Hazel sighed, patting the super soldiers back in comfort as they walked into the now open elevator, Steve pressing the floor number.

    "We're not at war, Captain."

    "They are." Steve raised his brows as he placed both hands in front of himself, the Barton girl leaving back against the wall as they both stared at the shut doors. "Haze." The red head looked up at her best friend, raising her eyebrows in concern as the man looked down at her. "I'm sorry about bringing up your parents on the jet. I know I was out of line." Hazel shook her head at the blonde, giving him a reassuring smile.

    "If I had a problem with it, I would've kicked your ass on the jet. It doesn't bother me. They were cruel people and as much as I hate to say it, they deserved to die. It's okay. Now, come on. Gotta go make sure grandpa's okay." Steve furrowed his brows, following the girl out of the elevator.

    "I don't know if I should find that offensive or not."

    "Well, you're ninety five and physically twenty six. I don't think you count."

..........

    "Is he gone? No, what a shame. He was a mediocre brother." Hazel sighed, pretending to wipe tears from her eyes as Clint grinned.

    "I'm gonna live forever, you asshole." The younger Barton sighed, placing a hand over her heart as she continued to put on a show.

    "Oh my god, I can still hear his voice." Clint chuckled, his hand swatting at the girl and smacking her forearm, causing her to break character and laugh. Both siblings were grown adults but they still acted like kids. "You're gonna be made of plastic." Tony grinned as he handed Clint a bump of green bubbly juice with a bendy straw.

    "You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend wont be able to tell the difference." Nat and Hazel took a quickly glance at each other as Clint took a sip of his drink, telling the doctor he didn't have a girlfriend. "That I can't fix." Clint looked at his best friend and sister, winking at the two red heads as he took another sip of his drink. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."

    "That is exactly the plan. And, Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Sunday." The woman sighed, thinking about it for a moment before looking up at the millionaire.

    "Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." Dr. Cho looked down at her tablet for a second before speaking again, as if she had forgotten to ask a question. "Will Thor be there?"

    "Oh, cool. Thor's got a little club too."