𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO —— STEVE
ROGERS FAN CLUB

    "HEY, THE LULLABY WORKED better than ever." Hazel watched the two interact with each other while she stood by her brothers side, trying to distract him.

    "Just wasn't expecting the Code Green." Clint had tried not to laugh at the jokes his younger sister was cracking. One reason being that it pained him to laugh and the other being the fact that he thought she didn't deserve the satisfaction of thinking she was that funny.

    "Hey, you're getting real slow out there. You think it's time to get you a scooter or something, grandpa? Or maybe one of those chairs with wheels." Clint glared at his red headed sister, making her chuckle.

    "Only you would laugh at your own joke."

    "Because I'm just that funny, you bird shit." Clint finally let out a soft chuckle, attempting to keep himself still.

    "How long before you trust me?" Hazel and Clint looked at each other, brows furrowed as smirks stayed plastered on their faces. The two Barton siblings had always had their money on Nat and Bruce, it was just a matter of time.

    "It's not you I don't trust."

    "Thor, report on the Hulk?" Everyone turned to the tall Asgardian man who had a grin on his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

    "The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." Natasha sent Thor a harsh glare, Bruce groaning in despair, his head falling into his hands as Thor tried to justify his previous statement. Hazel groaned, taking a few strides towards Thor, smacking him upside the head as if to ask what the hell was wrong with him. "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout." The younger red head scoffed, shaking her head at the God of Thunder.

    "Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Hazel grinned as she looked at her brother, eyes widening as she spoke up.

    "Wow, she's coming from Seoul just to work on gramps over here. I think he's too old to save. Besides, the best Barton will still be here for all of you, so no worries if we can't save Clint." Some of the Avengers chuckled, Clint rolling his eyes with a huff.

    "When I get fixed, I'm gonna kick your ass, Hazel. Just you wait." Hazel held her hands up in surrender, her right pointer finger pointing at the man on the table. She quickly turned her head to look at Steve, gesturing to the man.

    "Hey, Steve. He said a bad word. Put him in time out." Steve scoffed with a chuckle, shaking his head as he mumbled something under his breath.

    "Jarvis, take the wheel." The younger Barton turned to Tony, a grin on her face as she too crossed her arms over her chest.

    "That your take on the Carrie Underwood song, Tony? Because I would love to hear all of it." The billionaire rolled his eyes at the young girl, walking past her to talk to Thor and Steve, the red head following right behind him.

    "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since Shield collapsed." The brunette man took a quick pause, looking up from the scepter to the two men and Hazel. "Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..."

    "No, but this... this brings it to a close."

    "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons." Steve looked up at Hazel, who knew exactly what he was referring to before he even said it. "Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" It was no secret that the girl was an experiment herself, tested on by her parents, who worked under a man. It was the very same man who had created the enhanced boy she had caught for a brief moment. "Because the last two scientists to create an enhanced are dead." Hazel looked at the super soldier, her lips forming into a close mouth smile as she nodded her head. Clint quickly spoke up, suddenly not worried about his injuries as he scolded Steve.

    "That last part was unnecessary, Cap."

    "Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony watched as Thor nodded his head before turning to the young girl beside him, giving her a soft nod as she silently thanked him. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?" The tall blonde Asgardian simply nodded once more, his hands now on his hips.

    "Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Hazel rolled her eyes, running a hand through her red hair as Tony turned to the blonde super soldier, asking if he was coming as well. The man smiled and nodded as Tony turned to the last at the table.

    "You coming, Wednesday?" Hazel glared at the man as he referred to her spooky powers, nodding her head.

    "Of course. Who wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to party with the Steve Rogers fan club?"