forty six

"are you sure?" i asked and hyunjin nodded.

"well um, are you currently in a relationship?" i asked and hyunjin shook her head.

"i like your coat, who bought it for you?" this wasn't in the question list, i just wanted to ask and hear what hyunjin says because i know i bought it.

"my.." hyunjin said, "girlfriend." hyunjin smiled and i unknowingly smiled too.

"cute." i mumbled under my breath.

"do you, er.. perhaps wanna go grab a coffee?" hyunjin asked and i looked at her.

"now?" she nodded. i stood up and took my coat from my chair and swung it around my shoulders. i took my bag and hyunjin opened the door.

we went to the nearby café that she and i used to go to last time whenever i brought her to dad's company.

"iced americano as usual?" hyunjin asked and i nodded.

"got it, go take a seat, i'll catch up shortly." hyunjin added and i went to the seat at the back beside the window.

soon, hyunjin came back with two iced americano and two slices of chocolate cakes.

"here." she said and put my iced americano and my chocolate cake in front of me while she puts the tray aside.

"i missed you.." hyunjin said and i smiled. damn i missed her so much.

"i missed you too." i replied.

"you haven't changed at all huh. still short and cute." hyunjin said.

"yah! im not short!" i retorted.

"alright alright, whatever you sayy."

"are you in a relationship?" hyunjin asked and i shook my head.

"is there anyone who's interested in you?" hyunjin asked and i thought for awhile if i should tell her because she was hyunjin's enemy in high school.

"well there is.." i replied.

"who is it?" she asked.

"yoojung.." i hesitantly said.

FLASHBACK, third person pov

"lucky bastard." yoojung scoffed when she saw hyunjin.

hyunjin was confused, very confused on why yoojung called hyunjin lucky.

"huh?" hyunjin pulled yoojung back as she asked.

"yah! don't touch me!" yoojung shouted as she pushed hyunjin away.

"what do you mean by 'lucky bastard' ?" hyunjin asked.

"well, you're close to heejin, whoever is close to heejin is considered the luckiest person ever." yoojung said and hyunjin frowned.

"then why don't you make an effort into being close to heejin if you really wanna be close to heejin." hyunjin replied

"it's not that easy. heejin is picky with who she picks as her friends. you're just lucky." yoojung scoffed.

"bro what. i dont fucking understand. if you want to get closer to her, just ask her for her number then get closer to her. it's not that fucking hard choi yoojung." hyunjin cursed.

"you don't get it. she likes someone. so why the fuck would she talk to me? and besides, there's a high chance that you might be the one that she likes. you're fucking lucky." yoojung said and walked away, leaving hyunjin there dumbfounded.