"We Still Don't Have A Car"

After resting for a few more minutes, Hope was ready to leave. Scott helped her outside, as she was still too weak to walk on her own. They made it out the door before Scott realized that, "We still don't have a car..." 

Over the past few weeks, they had just been walking back and forth between the two places. But Hope was in no condition to walk that far. They couldn't even fly there because Hope's suit was still at the house. 

Just then, Natasha came out of the building behind them. "I'm guessing you guys need a ride?" 

"Yeah..." Scott sighed. Then she turned her attention to Hope. "How are you feeling?" "I'm doing better, thank you for asking," Hope replied politely. Even though she was trying to be cheerful, Scott could see she was tired. Natasha picked up on this as well. 

"If you want, I can drop you guys off at your house and come back here." She offered. "That's okay, Nat. I got this," Tony said, walking up to them. She rolled her eyes and went back inside. 

"I just wanted to tell you guys how much this will help us." He said, holding up Hope's GPS. "And I think you might need a car if you're going to keep coming back and forth." He said, holding up a pair of car keys. He walked them over to his black sports car and unlocked the doors. Then he handed Scott the keys. 

"You can't be serious," Scott said, eyes wide. "This is the least I could do after all you guys have done for the team." 

"Thank you so much, Tony," Hope said gratefully. "You should get going. It's starting to get dark," He said. Scott helped Hope into the car, but as he was about to get in, Tony motioned that he wanted to talk to him. 

"You know, she's an amazing woman," Tony said, looking at Hope. "She certainly is..." Scott said. "Once she feels up to it, you guys can come and work on the infinity stone research," Tony told him, and with that, he went inside. Scott couldn't help but notice how Tony had been acting towards him and Hope. 

Whenever Tony was talking to him or Hope, he was, well, not Tony Stark. And then, when he spoke to the other Avengers, he was himself. Himself being sarcastic and selfish. Not at all the kind of guy who would just give away a very nice car. When he thought about it, Tony had been acting that way since they had talked to him at his house. 

(Hope never told him what happened that day)

After a few moments of thinking about it, he just shrugged it off. Scott got into the driver's seat and turned on the car. "What was that about?" Hope asked him. "He just said if you feel up to it, we can start with the infinity stone research tomorrow." He told her. She nodded. The rest of the ride was quiet. 

They pulled up to the house, and Scott helped Hope inside. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked her. "No, I just want to lay down..." She said. She sounded exhausted. She walked up the stairs and got ready for bed. It was getting late, so Scott decided to go to bed after her. 

He went upstairs a few minutes later and knocked on Hope's door. He felt awful that he had a real bed and she had to sleep on an old couch. Especially when she felt so weak after the day she had been through. 

"Come in." He heard her say from inside the room. He opened the door and walked in. "Hope, you can sleep in my bed if you want to, and I'll sleep here." 

She was surprised, and even though she wanted and needed to sleep in a real bed, she couldn't let Scott sleep on the couch. In the two years that she'd been living there, she maybe had gotten five or six hours of sleep per night. 

"Scott, you need sleep too. You can stay in your bed, and I'll stay here." After a few more minutes, Scott convinced Hope to sleep in his room. She got in the bed, but it still didn't feel right for her to sleep well, while Scott would most likely get no sleep at all. 

Seconds after she settled into bed, he knocked on the door, and Hope found it cute. Even though it was his house and she was in his room, he would still knock. 

"I just needed to grab something." He said when he came in. "Okay, Scott, we both know that you won't be able to sleep on that old couch. I've been trying to for two years, and unless you don't mind feeling like you're laying on a pile of rocks, I think you should stay in here." 

After trying to persuade him for what seemed like another two years, he agreed and laid down next to her. A few minutes later, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Scott did the same, but about a half-hour later, he woke up to Hope getting out of bed. 

She reached over to the table beside the bed and grabbed a book. Scott recognized it to be her diary. "She must be writing about today..." He thought. When he had last read her diary, there was only one entry. It was from the day that Thanos snapped. For her to be writing again must mean that she was either extremely upset or extremely happy. And after the day she had, Scott guessed it was the latter. 

Another ten minutes passed, and Hope finally laid back down. Once Scott was sure she was asleep, he went for the journal. 

                                                                    Author's Note

Again, sorry about how long it took to update, and again, school started last month, and I've been overrun with homework and essays. I'll try to write when I can.