Chapter Thirty One

*** Anyanwu ...

I lower the dagger to my chest, chewing my lip as I glance at him. He's laying on his front, face turned away from me. I sit up, tucking the dagger between the mattress and bed. Then I lean onto him, rubbing his arm slowly.

"Elias?" Leaning on his back, I rise and fall as he draws a deep breathe.

"Hm?" His voice is hoarse, barely awake.

"I love you." He chuckles, the sound deep and hoarse.

"For what?"

"For loving me, not a lot of people could manage that." He begins to turn over so I straighten, laying back on his chest. He puts his arm around me.

"It is their loss then." I lean in to kiss him. He frowns when I begin to tug up his gown, his teeth sinking into my lip as I grab hold of him.

"Thea..." his breath is warm against my face, his voice hoarse, drenched in wanting. He pulls away from me slightly, pushing me onto my back as he straddles me. Then he kisses down my jaw and throat to my chest, over the thin fabric of my dress. By the time he gets there, I'm already gripping at his hair.

When I get to that point that I can't take it anymore, I let go of his hair, practically begging for him. He adjusts himself against me and I grip handfuls of the sheets as he pushes into me. His deep moan against my throat, I wrap my arms around his shoulders. He pulls back and pushes at me again and again. I huff, my arms slacking slightly. Soon, I'm screaming at every thrust, nails clawing at his back. And eventually, I stiffen, letting him lower me back onto the bed. Then he begins to pull away.

"Wait." I breathe. He halts, muscles taut. I rub at his arms. "I...I love you." He let's out a quick breath, smiling.

"I love you too." He leans in on his elbows and kisses me.

"I want you to give me a child..." he pauses, pulling away to look at me.

"A-are you sure?" I chuckle, nodding.

"Now, I'm not sure I could but if I-" his lips meet mine.

"I love you so much..." I chew my lip as he pulls away, his head bowing into the corner of my neck. I put my arms around his shoulders. His muscles are tight and he's barely breathing. He groans, his breathing growing heavy and rapid when he finally begins to move, body slowly pushing into me and out. Is he in pain? He suddenly gasps, stiffening. I'm beginning to ask if he's alright when I feel it, the strange sensation. His weight falls onto me entirely.

"Are-are you alright?" He chuckles, breathlessly.

"Better than." I smile, my fingers going into his hair. We lay in silence for a long time.

"Can you be honest with me?" I ask. He already sounds like he's falling asleep.

"Of course." He mumbles.

"When did you get the dagger back?"

"Hm?" My fingers continue to play with his hair.

"The dagger you gave me, you found it, how?"

"Ah...one of the king's guards...brought me the dagger, he said the king wanted me to have it as price for my victory." He's slurring, barely audible. I frown.

"But why would he be rewarding you with something that belonged to Ikenna?" His face moves across my chest, sighing as he wraps his arms tighter around me.

"Considering I was the one that put it in his chest-" my fingers playing with his hair stills.

"What?" I breathe. He scoffs.