I Wish This Was The Sims

Be careful, its rough out there.

This society treats you like a piece of art.

When you're young, everyone wants to hold you from the start.

But you're value hits rock bottom once they see a scratch or a scar

And the insults begin.

Some question if this "has been" is even art.

"Disgusting, sickening, and worthless." That's all you'll ever be to anyone unless you give in, follow the lines, laugh at their puns.

Laugh so the victims can hear you.
Stand tall so you can look down on them.
Kick them while they're down so they can learn a lesson.
Now tell them why they're worthless.

Tell them why you're not.

Now look back on the beating and figure out why they never fought back, why they never chose to attack, or why they simply lack the ability to stand up for themselves.

I can't even stand up if you keep pushing me down.

Talk to me. Make some kind of sound that helps me understand why you must use your closed hands to prove you're a man or why you must always stand taller than any other man can.

Talk to me. Tell me why I'm worthless and unloved. Tell me why your fists and my face are the equivalent to a hand and a glove. Why must you bring me pain? I don't mean to come off as insane, but I think there's something wrong with your brain. You must have the wrong name because I swear on my life that I never came into your life before and brought you pain like you did to me. Maybe you just see this all as a game. Maybe I do too.

Talk to me. Tell me why I shouldn't report your ass for the constant put downs and beatings. Tell me why it isn't MY fists that YOU are eating because you'll be questioning that when they rearrange your seating from the back of the class to the principal's office.

Talk to me. Tell me what you're going through. I swear to God, I've been through hell too. Actually, me and you have a lot in common. The only difference is that you release your anger on students, strangers and you don't even care about what dangers might come with a few punches and kicks. But some victims talk real quick, unless you talk up. Tell them why you're sick and why you keep being a dick to innocent kids.

Talk to me. Tell me why my life can't be like The Sims. I want love to be easy yet not so cheesy to the point where a girl is gonna tell me "I've heard your lines before." I had no idea girls were capable of hearing my heart. And I want my parents to love me. Not just one. Hey dad, I want you to love me. I want to take back all of the words I spoke in my poetry because it's starting to soak in that my words are not tokens, but bullets and I'm firing the same gun that my father pulled on me when I was 15 years old.

Talk to Me. Tell me why my dad doesn't love me. Thanks to my poetry, he wants to murder me, but why did he hate me before? It's been 4 years since the divorce and 4 years since he's had intercourse. He's... frustrated? Wait, only men get sexually frustrated.

Talk to me. Tell me why I just did it again. It's become a natural habit to insult my father for everything he's done and natural to talk about him pulling the gun on me as if it's another father-son activity.

Talk to me. Tell me why I'm using twitter to make best friends and why I hesitate not just to talk, but to send a stupid text that reads "hello". I want to be social and make friends easily the way some of my other friends do... the way MOST of my friends do... the way ALL of my friends do. I wonder if they want to be like me too or if I'm just that guy in the group that everyone tries to avoid.

Don't talk to me. Because I won't talk back. I won't talk back because I lack the social skills to respond or attack back the ones who attacked me and put me on the floor or made tears come from my eyes or made me question my life or made me move closer to a demise or anyone that I call "Dad"

Don't talk to me. Get away from me. You've done enough. My childhood was rough & tough and not what my parents dream of it being. My mother tried to make me happy and she did her best to make it happen.

Mom, you didn't fail. I'm still alive.

Dad, you failed. I'm still alive.