Maria

[S]occer on Sundays
[A]nything on Mondays
[V]olleyball on Tuesdays
[E]xplore the city on Wednesdays

[H]iking on Thursdays
[E]at out on Fridays
[R]elax on Saturdays

That was the good ol' days back when me and her spent our summers together.

We were hardly ever in the house, always outside.

She used to love the outdoors... not anymore.

She's got her new friends. They only step outside for a smoke.

She's not with a good group of friends. When they hangout, all they do is stare at their phones. Yet, they never see messages and the signals she sends to them.

I find it hard to believe that none of them ever receive her texts when they're never looking past their glowing screens.

In fact, most of her friends say they've "mastered" texting and driving.

I don't know why they're so proud.

I don't know why she's so proud to have friends when they show her no respect.

It's like she's walking the streets for them, exploring the world for them... cutting her wrists... for them.

And when she walks in the streets, she doesn't mind the thought of being hit by a car.

She doesn't mind the thought of never walking again.

She doesn't mind the thought of losing her life through an easily avoidable situation.

I just wish I could be there to look out for her because I'm afraid that if nobody holds her hand while she crosses the street, then one of her friends might finally read her messages as they drive through that intersection.