beautiful unicorn.

The chaos begins when the mind interferes in the matters of the heart.

-Anaamikaaa

So because of DWT and Adi, I was excited to go to college. To start a new chapter of my life.

I thought I had got another chance, a chance to be happy. I tried to let go of all the bad memories of the past and begin the new chapter of my life afresh.

Even though I didn't get into the college I wanted, I was excited for it to begin. I was hopeful.

I spoke to a lot of people on my first day, all of them new. I was so proud of myself to be the one to initiate the conversation. I was very introverted before DWT but I became kind of an ambivert. I made acquaintances with a lot of people that day. I still am in touch with some of them.

Now before talking about my friends I need to talk about a person, who had become an important part of my life, who also left a lot of bittersweet memories.

I was new (obviously) and wanted to make friends. So my first friend (about whom I'll talk about in the next chapter but her name is Mon) and I became friends with this group of people in the 4th or 5th week of college.

They were good in the beginning. But later on some of them were mean to me. But there was this boy in this group who particularly caught my attention right from the beginning. 

His name was Sam. (It wasn't actually Sam, it was a short form for his name, he preferred Sam over full name. I didn't wanted to mention his full name even though I always preferred the latter)

He was tall, almost above 5.8ft. He had tan skin, black eyes, back hair and his hair used to always be messy. He had a slight beard. He was also in our college cricket team.

The reason he caught my attention from the start was because he had my favorite novel, The Fault in Our Stars with him when we met. It was like the universe wanted me to talk to him.

We used to hang out a lot on college grounds. I and Sam used to talk even outside college. He was nice and funny. He used to crack stupid jokes all the time. I felt so relaxed and good with him. 

He was a gentleman too. Did getting doors and all of those mushy things. 

I remember one day when his friends Mon and I were going for lunch, he asked Mon to make some kinda plan and make me ride with him on his motorbike. I found it cute because he was the first guy (who was not related to me) I sat behind on a motorbike with. He was a gentleman like I said, didn't do the things creepy guys usually do like pull the break unnecessary so I can get closer to him. But he did take a longer route to the restaurant we were supposed to meet, I didn't mind it though.

Then after a week or so, on 17 September 2018 he asked me out.

With a rose.

It was my first rose and the first guy to ask me out. I remember that day clearly, he was very shy to ask me out, and worried it would ruin our friendship if i said no.

So what he did was, he sat next to me and messaged me

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I love you."

I said yes to him after some time. I did it in a very special way though. I got him a key chain that had a box and in that box I wrote a note saying, "I don't love you yet, but I want to be with you and fall in love with you, so it's a YES." That day was very special to me, I was so happy.