Lets get you home (16)

Wilhelms pov:

Where do we go when we fall asleep? No ones answer will ever be the same to one of these questions. Some say we don't go anywhere our brains just turn off, others say we enter a new world. I've never really known the answer, reasoning I was really nervous for my surgery.

As Simme and I linked pinky's and kissed each other's hands it was an indescribable feeling. It really did feel like it was going to be okay. As they rolled me into the room I couldn't stop thinking of Simon. His perfect eyes, skin, personality. It just fills my heart.

As I slowly close my eyes and became knocked out for my surgery my thoughts stay thinking of Simon. Of how I love that boy. During surgery it was like sleeping, I dreamt of him. Life was so perfect in the dream, I could barely remember I was sleeping by how bad I wished it was real.

Once I started to regain consciousness in what was going on and open my eyes I see Simon standing beside my bed looking over at me. I smiled back at him and began to cry. I don't even know why it's just his beautiful face lit up my heart and made me feel better.

With my little energy I had I reached my hand over to him and touched his hair. He took my hand and kissed it then went to tell a doctor that I was awake.

Once the doctor came in she looked over my information and left leaving Simon and I alone.

"Hey Willie, how do you feel?" He asks sitting on the end of my bed.

"Uhhhhh im tired and my stomach kinda hurts, just a little though." I say in a giggly and sleepy tone.

"I hope you feel better love." He says

I smile and say "I'm going to feel better. I just feel kinda wheezy you know?"

"Yeah totally" he says giggling back a bit

"Can you lay here with me though, cuz my back kinda hurts from laying soooo much, and you make me feel better" I say yawning

He smiled and laid down beside me on the bed.

"Yeah" he replies kissing my forehead.

A couple days go by from my surgery and I feel more and more better, the doctors tell me my next surgery will be in about a month and I can attend school until then, I just have to give myself needles and medications. Malin will help me keep track of it.

I was released from the hospital today, Simon and I walked out, the first time I've walked in a few days since they had everything just attached to me on meds and stuff.

"You ready?" Simon asks me as he helps me get up from the hospital bed.

"Mhm" I say smiling slightly

He gave me a hug then helped me put on my winter jacket.

"Is it really that cold outside??" I ask him jokingly annoyed

"Yup it's still winter." He says smiling up at me.

Once we make our way to the lobby and leave there's a bunch of paparazzi outside.

"You're okay right?" Simons asks looking at me.

"No, I don't want them to see me." I reply hiding my face in Simons jacket.

"They're gonna see you but we can make it quick." Simon says kissing my head.

"Ok" I reply and we start walking.

As we walk out the doors the cold breeze hits me and makes my head feel messed up a bit. Then I remember Simons arm wrapped around my upset body as we walk and I felt so much better.

"Prince Wilhelm can we get a pose over here?" "Prince sir how is your relationship with your boyfriend?" "Prince Wilhelm I heard you have cancer is this true?" "Are you okay" so many different paparazzi's were talking all at once and it made my head hurt.

I looked up at Simon with a terrifying look on my face and he kissed my forehead then gave me his touque and put it on my head. I smiled slightly as we kept walking to the royal car.

"How cute!" "Anything you would like to say to sweden?" "Do you have cancer?" Paparazzi guys continued shouting stuff until we got to the car.

Once we were both inside the car we drove off back to the royal palace. I was laying my head on Simons lap while he played with the little parts of my hair that stuck out from the touque.

"So school starts in a couple of days, how are you feeling about it?" Simme asks me

"Mhh I'm not sure, I mean I really want to go but I also just want to sleep." I said giggling.

He laughed back then said "well I think we should return it you're okay, of course if you aren't we don't-" but before he could continue I looked up at him and cut him off.

"We can go" I said smiling. He smiled back and I fell asleep on the way back to the palace.

Once I woke up again we were in my bed at the palace. Simon was asleep next to me and it was very peaceful. I bent over to check my phone and scrolled through Twitter to see tons of clips of Simon and I leaving the hospital. To say the least I didn't look happy at all and scrolling through comments it was obvious people could tell as well.

Commenter: leave them alone they just found out the prince has cancer 😐

Commenter: hes obviously not happy
Reply: I mean who would be he has cancer

Commenter: they are so cute tho, like u can fr tell they care bout each other 🥺

So many comments and so little time to process even what was going on. I'm hoping people aren't as happy about my cancer as my mom was. That hurt like a bullet going through.

Simons POV:

Earlier was pretty rough so I'm just glad that that's over with. Willie looked so upset when we were around the paparazzi it hurt me inside. As we were walking I had taken his hand in mine and wrapped my arm around his back wrapping around his shoulder. He had fallen asleep in the car so I brought him upstairs, the weight loss was noticeable by just how much lighter he was carrying him asleep up all these stairs.

The doctors gave us a few things we had to do in order to have Willie at home instead of in the hospital. He had a heart beat tracked attached to his finger and if it becomes irregular he can either take more meds through a needle, try deep breathing, or begin cpr which malin would do. He can run with his oxygen mask if he needs to (hopefully won't have to but august can be a jerk), he has his blood check that he can do, similar to a diabetic poker and tracker, he does this every 4 hours. And he has needles, some are for his eating because that still won't be regular or even somewhat normal so he'll have to have nutrients that food gives you given from a needle.

I hate seeing him in pain. It breaks my heart, he's adorably sleeping on his bed and I'm just laying beside him cuddling into him. Eventually I fall asleep and give him some space.