chapter 1 - departure

"Mum? MUM? where are you? hurry up we need to leave! i'm going  to miss my flight!" y/n shouted up the stairs. She had been standing waiting for at least 10 minutes, waiting for her mum to finish getting ready.

When she finally came down the stairs, she was all dressed up wearing lots of makeup. "We are only going to the airport you know... no need to get that dressed up for it..." y/n laughed at her mum.

"Okay okay i just wanted to look nice, you never know where your gonna meet someone nice, if you know what i mean." her mum said, and winked.

"Ugh mum, disgusting! What the hell" she said back. She looked down at her own outfit after this, realising that maybe she should have dressed a bit better. She was wearing plain white joggers with a white tank top and some jewellery but no makeup. Nothing special really.

"Fine, come on let's go, we need to be there in 20 minutes, otherwise i will really miss my flight. S/n! Hurry up or we will leave you behind! We are leaving now" she shouted up to her younger sister.

She overall had a great relationship with her family, as it was just her, her mum and her sister. they were all very close, especially as s/n is only 2 years younger than her, making s/n 14, as y/n is 16. They both love similar stuff, like minecraft, and play together often.

S/n finally came down, and they set off. When they arrived that the airport, they went through security quite quickly, and stopped as soon as they got to the point where s/n and their mum could no longer accompany y/n. They stopped and stood there all together.

"I can't believe your going to America! Without me as well!" S/n said, as she started to cry.
"Don't worry, I'm only going for just over 2 months. I'll be back before you know it! I'm gonna miss you both so much" y/n replied, crying as well as she embraced the other two in a hug.

"Stay safe sweetie," her mum said, "Go find some cute guy, I've heard there are loads in America!"
"Oh my god mum, can't you be normal for one minute!" y/n joked.
"Oh shush honey, you know you love it really. Just make sure you stay at Clay and Sophia's house, most of the time, and try not to get kidnapped, if really like my baby back home." her mum replied.
"Yes yes of course, i really have to go now" y/n said, crying a lot now. She hugged the both of them one last time before walking towards the plane entrance.

This was it, she was going to Florida.

469 words (nice number)