chapter 21 - skating

3rd person pov

today the group was going to go Ice skating. everyone was getting ready, wrapping up warm for the ice, but not too hot so they would boil when they skated. y/n was wearing simple dark sweatpants with a white cropped tank top and one of Tommy's hoodies on top.

as they set off, everyone's spirits were high and were very excited. not everyone had skated before so they were keen to learn and those who could were excited to teach.

once they reached the rink and had put on the hired skates, everyone stumbled onto the ice and started cautiously moving around, many falling due to inexperience. y/n, having skated many times before with Sophia and Clay, easily skated over to Tommy, who was visibly struggling.

"need some help there Toms?" they asked, grabbed onto his two hands and beginning to skate backwards, still holding them, dragging him along. she began to try to teach him to skate. he was a fast learner so picked it up rather quickly, and y/n left him to try alone.

they skated around alone for a bit, laughing at Clay trying to teach George. he was failing, and the two ended up falling in sync, clay landing on top of George. as the two got up they were visibly red (dnf😳)

as they continued skating, y/n quickly noticed Tubbo was struggling too. she quickly skated over to him. stopping in front of him and offered up her hands to him. "want help?" she asked. he took her hands gratefully and said "thank you!" she pulled him along, teaching him in the same way she had Tommy about ten minutes ago.

Tubbo struggled much more than Tommy had, and repeatedly fell, once pulling y/n down with him and the two burst out laughing. as y/n helped up Tubbo, they could see Tommy coming towards them, with a strange look on his face, almost like he was jealous or angry or something.

once he came over, Tommy grabbed y/n's hand and pulled them away from Tubbo, skating along with them. "what's this about then? jealous innit?" y/n laughed and Tommy pouted, holding onto y/n's hand tighter. she laughed and they smiled at each other.

they both continued skating like that, laughing with each other for the remainder of their slot on the ice rink. once they all returned their skates, the gang headed for an ice cream parlour.

once they arrived, everyone ordered theirs and sat at a table to wait for it. y/n had orders f/f (fav flavour), while Tommy had ordered the same as Sophia and Clay, cookie dough (or smth else if that's what u ordered idk)

once they came, everyone dug in. f/f was really nice, so you offered it to Tommy, and he tried it before offering his to you, and you tried his, both of you agreeing your own respective flavours were better.

*time skip to getting home cause idk what to write until then*

y/n pov

once we arrived home we all decided to watch a movie again to chill, and it wasn't too late. we decided on 'Five Feet Apart' (amazing movie if you haven't watched it). it was a sad movie, but you hadn't watched it before, only heard about it from friends.

(🚨spoiler alert for film🚨)
around half an hour in, one of my favourite characters died, and i descended into tears, burying my face into Tommy's chest, upset. once i looked up again, tears were rolling down Tommy's face too. he quickly wiped them away when he saw me looking.

i laughed at home but continued to watch them movie. once we got to the end, everyone was in tears, even Clay, especially as he doesn't cry at anything.

after that we all decided to go to sleep, to rest for once.

655 words

idk what else to write for this story, like i have so many ideas but at the same time i don't-

give me ideas 🤪