Hope's Nightmare

Scott picked up the journal and opened it. But something stopped him from going further. The last time he had read it, Hope was okay with it. But she wrote that two years before. This was something she had written not even a half-hour before. 

And the last time, he had a good reason for reading her journal. This time, he didn't even know why he wanted to read it. Then it hit him. She was writing about her nightmare. Whatever she didn't talk about always winded up in a journal or some other outlet for her. She wouldn't tell him about her nightmare, which meant she would've written in her journal. This was confirmation for him. He had to read it. 

Dear Diary,

Today has been a very trying day for me. A lot of strange stuff has happened in the last month, and today was definitely the most memorable. You see, the Avengers wanted Scott to go into the quantum realm for a test run. 

This made me panic because the last time he went into the quantum realm, he didn't come back for another two years. So I volunteered, which is something I deeply regret. 

I went into the quantum realm and traveled back to October 22, 2018. That was the day Thanos snapped. I was in the same spot that my dad and Scott were when he was sent to the quantum realm. 

I watched as my dad dusted away. I tried to save Scott, but I still don't know if it worked. I was sent back to the present and was fine until I saw Scott. I guess it was too much for me because I passed out. 

I woke up about forty-five minutes later and saw him somehow watching footage of what had happened to me in 2018. He paused the video as my dad started to dust away. I finally spoke up, and he came over to me. I laid back in the bed, but then I saw where I was. It looked exactly like a hospital room. I started to panic and felt everything I felt on that day two years ago. When Michael had attacked Scott and me, and when the Avengers had taken Scott away from me. After that, I didn't see him again for another two years. 

Scott noticed this and tried to assure me I wasn't in a hospital. He told me I was in the Avengers compound med-bay. This made me feel a little bit better, but not by much. And then he asked me what had happened to me to make me so upset. 

I didn't want to talk about it and did the stupidest thing. I tried to stand up. At that point, I didn't want to relive that, and I wanted to get away from the conversation. I was still too weak and collapsed. 

Thankfully, Scott caught me, but I still felt weak. He told me that I should rest, I agreed, but only if he stayed with me. A few moments later, I fell asleep. And then my nightmare started. 

I don't remember everything that happened, but this is what I do remember. I was back in the old hospital room, but I didn't know when I was. I looked around the room but it was weird. I was in the hospital bed, and even though I could see. My eyes were closed. 

I can't explain it, but somehow I could see everything without opening my eyes. And even if I wanted to open my eyes, I couldn't. My eyes felt like they were weighed down by an invisible force. 

I heard voices, and then I looked towards the door. Scott was talking to my dad in the doorway.

"Today's the day. Are you ready?" "Yeah, but how long could this take?" Scott asked. "Not long, but remember, this is our only chance, we can't wait any longer." My dad insisted. "I know," Scott said, looking at me. 

Then I realized something. This was the day. They were talking about sending him into the quantum realm. My dad checked his watch and said, "Time to go." Scott followed, but stopped and said, "I'll be right there." My dad nodded and walked out, probably thinking Scott needed to make a call or something. 

I felt a tinge of guilt when I remembered that we had never told my dad that we were in a relationship... Once Scott was sure that my dad was gone, he walked over to my bed. 

"I know you can't hear me, but you will soon. Once we get the particles, we'll be able to wake you up. If you were awake, you'd probably tell me that I was being an idiot and that you would be fine." He smiled, holding my hand. He closed his eyes and said, "You know, if this was a movie, you'd wake up right now and tell me that you were here." 

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I wanted to tell him that I was there, that I could hear him. But I couldn't move, which just made it all the more heartbreaking. 

"But this isn't a movie and I just have to have faith that you'll be okay." He sighed, opening his eyes. "And when you wake up, if you still want to be with me after almost getting you killed, we'll find a way to tell your dad about us." Then he bent over, kissed my forehead, and left. 

As he was walking away, I tried calling out to him, but he couldn't hear me. I tried to remember that it wasn't real, but I couldn't. It felt like I was losing him all over again. Then everything went black. 

Suddenly, I felt like I was walking through my memories... I could see myself with my mom when I was little. Then I saw Scott and me on our first date. Then I could see things that weren't in my memories. They almost looked like things that would happen in the future. 

The next thing I knew, I was awake, and Scott was next to me. Seeing him was a shock to the system, and I guess my facial expressions showed that because he tried to comfort me. 

He asked me if I was okay, but I don't even know the answer to that question. He put his arms around me, and it felt good to be close to him. I assume I was talking in my sleep because he asked, "You know I'd never leave you, right?" 

I know he would never leave me intentionally, but after what happened when he was away for two years, I'm not so sure. 

He told me we could leave as soon as I felt up to it, and after a few more minutes of rest, we left. Tony gave us a car so that we could get back to Scott's house. This surprised me because that wasn't typical Tony Stark behavior. I guess he felt guilty about what happened at his cabin last month. 

And one last thing before I go back to sleep. Scott, I know you're reading this, and I can tell that you're awake while I'm writing this. Goodnight Scott, go to bed! 

Scott was surprised and a little creeped out, but he was glad that he'd read the entry. When he thought about it, there was a point in the entry where the writing changed. He guessed that was when Hope had noticed he was awake. Sometimes she scared him. 

He still had a lot of questions though, but he didn't want to ask Hope anything. It explained a lot, especially her nightmare... Then he realized that it wasn't a nightmare at all. What she said about what happened before he was sent into the quantum realm was true. It was all there, almost word for word. Was it possible that she had gone back in time again?

 He would have to ask Tony about it as soon as possible. Speaking of Tony, what the hell had happened at his cabin that no one was telling him?!

                                                                  Author's Note  

Thanks for reading another chapter! I promise the next update will be more exciting and not just a diary entry. I think it's hilarious that Scott still doesn't know what happened at Tony's cabin! And he'll never find out, I promise you that.