Not Just A Shopper, A Cook-er Too

Kai's POV

I watch as Mrs.Storm frantically searches the store for home decor. Zander didn't seem pleased with the idea of his mother re-decorating the apartment. The penthouse was brought fully furnished and the real estate agent came with an interior designer. However, it didn't seem the interior designer had lived up to Mrs.Storm's expectations.

And believe me, the woman had some high expectations. I should've expected that woman that handpicked her son's fiance could be hard to please. I hadn't the slightest idea what the women expected from me as Zander's partner. How can I be supportive of a husband that hates me?

"So, have you seen him in the shower ?" I stop inspecting the flower vase in my hand and check to see whose lips those words had parted. Mrs.Storm smirks at me, waiting for an answer to her question.

"Who?" I ask dumbly, knowing full well that she's talking about her one and only son.

" Zander !" She whisper-shouts.

"Naked in the shower?" I lower my voice so the people around us can't hear our conversation.

Instantly flashes of what a naked Zander would look like pop into my head. I suppose there's no question that it wouldn't be a thrill to see water cascading down Zander's broad shoulders, and muscular back. Almost feeling the need to fan myself, I put my hormonal teenage fantasy away.

"I would hope my son doesn't take showers with his clothes on'. She says, a hint of amusement in her expression.

I have a feeling that she didn't understand the basics of an arranged engagement or marriage. Zander and I tolerate each other, and it will be that for the rest of our lives.

Mrs.Storm takes my hands in hers and smiles. "Don't worry you're an amazing person, I am sure my son will see that soon ."

I have absolutely no idea what my being a good person had to do with Zander in the shower, but I nod a 'yes'. I guess, both attraction and sex have an essential role in a marriage. Still, I'm not thinking of having sex with her son. Before I could determine what sexual favor I might owe her son in marriage. Juliet runs up to me with twos aprons in hand, one with the word 'stud' and the other 'cutie'

"Aren't they cute ?" She places the pair of white aprons into the trolley.

" Very cute," I mumble. By the time the words had left my mouth, she was wheeling the trolley into another aisle. How much longer could she shop?

A full two hours later, our shopping marathon comes to an end. Luckily my professor had canceled today's seminar. With nothing else in the store for Julia to buy we finally left.

Outside her driver takes the ton of bags from us, and I melt into the car seat. It felt as if I had sat down for ages.

"We're going to get lunch for Zander," Mrs.Storm says. " And at the office, I'll introduce you to the board."

I could bet anything that Zander won't enjoy his mom ambushing him at work, especially with me of all people. I wish I could come up with an excuse not to go along with her.

"Why don't we get something from that cafe you used to work at? " Julia suggests.

"Okay," I agree and give directions on finding the cafe to the driver.

We arrive at the cafe, and I kindly hold the door open for Juliet. As we walked in, the sweet aroma of freshly baked goods filled my senses. It dawned on me that I will miss the regularity of working here once I tie the knot. Between school, internships, and the new responsibilities that came with a husband - I wouldn't have the time to work in the cafe.