Just Us

Kai's POV

"Stop!" I exclaim at Zander who's smearing the frosting on my neck. I am trying to make Hawaiian guava cake, but Zander is dead set on interrupting me. 

I didn't have a problem with his playfulness. But it's hard to focus on what I'm doing with him splotching the frosting on my neck and then licking it. And worst of all, he knows his parents could walk in on us any minute.

"I don't think you mean that. " He cups my face. 

He dips his finger into the batter, rubs it along my face then lifts it off my cheek with his tongue. I nudge myself away from him, not wanting to hint that I like what he is doing.

"You like it."  He whispers.

I smile, and he hugs me. " You're going to make me burn the cake," I tell myself.

Zander agrees to let me finish the cake in peace. However, he promises to bother me again if I don't complete the cake in thirty minutes.

Like clockwork, Zander appears behind me. 

"You can't expect me to be in 30 minutes. " I whine, turning to him.

"It looks finished to me ." He says, pulling me into his arms.

"Ok, just let me wash -" He shuts me up with a kiss. "Someone will do it for you," He mumbles.

I give in and put the cake in the fridge to cool.

I close the door to the fridge, and Zander immediately takes my hands, leading me up the stairs.

I touch my stomach to calm the fluttering butterflies. I wouldn't tell if I was nervous or excited about what Zander wanted to do with me in private.

We are just a few seconds from reaching our bedroom when Zander pushes me behind a wall.

"Good morning, hun . . . Where's Kai? " I managed to make out his mother's voice.

" He when back to bed ." Zander lies.
" Ok, tell him to join me in the sitting room when he wakes up." Mrs.Storm says.

"I think Kai needs to sleep in. He is pretty tired from school, work, and the flight." Zander tells his mom

"Flight?" She questions. "You drove here. If you want to be alone with Kai, there is no reason to lie to your mother." She reasons.

" I'm not lying ." Zander lies again.

His mother gets distracted by a call, and Zander manages to pry me into the room without being seen.

" You didn't have to lie to your mom .." I tell Zander once he shuts the door behind us.

"Some lies are necessary. " He retorts.

"Maybe she needed something important."
I think of all the help she might need with the charity dinner.

"She'll manage, " he says firmly.

"I just g and see what she needs. I'll be back really quickly. Just give me a few se-"

Without warning, his mouth is on mine. His kiss is rough and uncompromising. He swoops his hand behind my backside to easily lift me onto his arms. He steads me with a firm hold around my back and proceeds to the bed.

"You promised to spare a few hours in your schedule for me. I won't let you get away from me."

He pins me beneath him. " I'm not interested in sharing you with my family. "