Love at sea

Zander's POV

It has been hour since I woke up, Kai was suprisingly still asleep.
It was already 11 and staff on cruise had made atleast 3 attempts to call me done for breakfast. Despite the rumbling in my stomach , I couldn't miss the chance fate had just handed me .

Turns out that Kai was a snuggler , with complete discard to the five feet gap he had made between us ; Kai had unknowingly ensconced himself in my arms .

Somehow , Kai had manage to substitute my chest for his pillow . From that he only moved closer to me , until there was no other option than to spoon with him. The room pretty cold , so it made sense that Kai decided to cuddle up to closest source of heat , which was me.

I hadn't slept or rested this well in year. This was first moment in many years I didn't feel completely alone.

I ran my hands through his hair, watching how the curls twirled around my fingers. I couldn't explain my sudden attachment to Kai , but it felt right .

Several gentle taps sounds against the door , "Hello ?" I answered .

"Goodmorning! Mr.Storm . I was sent to ask if you like to be served breakfast in your room or on the balcony ?" The person outside the door asked in a thick accent .

Feeling that room was a bit too stuffy and wanting to see the oceanview , I decided on the balcony.

Soft yawns, divert my attention to Kai . He smilies, wishing me good morning, it takes a few seconds for him to register that he on top of me . He attempts breaking free , but I tighten my grip around him .

" Aren't you going to give me review ? " I ask him . " What review?" He asks , trying to free himself from my arm .

Using my legs, I secure him tighter into my embrace. " You were using my chest as a pillow , how did you sleep ?"

Avoiding eye contact , he answers " I am sorry , it was accidental ."

"That's an apology and I asked for a review." I said ,wiping a piece of lint from his face . Giving in , he finally answers " Good."

I smile , satisfied with myself . "Happy?" He asks. I shake my head "no".
Kai sighs," Zander,let me go. Please."

I tap my lips," not without a kiss" . For a moment , it look as if he was going to say no , but he catches me offguard with a quick kiss .

Having troubled him enough , I let him go , watching as he scrambles towards the bathroom.

*****

It was apparent that my mother had taken up the responsibility of packing my luggae onto herself. I pulled a random shirt, pants and the unthinkable from a pile labelled 'breakfast'. The idea of her choosing underwear for me was haunting, but she had considerable cruise attire.

Grabbing deodorant and cologne , I headed to bathroom where Kai had been taking a shower for almost 30 minutes. I was about to knock on the door , when he opened the door , wrapped in robe twice his size and water from his curly locks dripping down his face. I found myself completely transfixed by Kai's almost ethereal like features. Without even thinking , I unconsciously wiped a strand of hair from his face.