Goodbye

*VERY IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT END*

Phils P.O.V-

I curled up in a ball of fright as I heard pounding footsteps approach me. I whimpered when I heard them stop directly in front of me. "Phil?" A voice asked, cracking slightly as they spoke. I couldn't process what was being said, I couldn't even process who was saying it. All I could process was how much despair was in my heart and how much fright was in the pit of my stomach.

I couldn't breathe due to the strength of the emotions I was having. That was all I felt, that was all I was: sadness and distraught. That's all I was. Maybe that's all I'll ever be. I started to tremble with fright. I couldn't help but to let all of my worries consume me. All those doubts I had, all of those fears, they started to eat me alive, gnawing on every single normal thought I had, making me feel as though I were mad. My whole body started to go numb, I couldn't feel anything anymore; just fear.

I tried to open and close my hand in order to regain some sense of control but it didn't work. It was almost as if this wasn't me and I had no say in what happened to the body I was in.

I heard an incoherent sentence that I couldn't make out what they said but there seemed to be more people this time, more sentences, more voices. I felt something touch me and I automatically tried to scream but I couldn't. I couldn't move. Not being able to move was way more scary than the feelings plaguing my mind. Being immobile made me feel vulnerable; defenseless.

Suddenly, I could see what was happening and I could hear what people were saying.

"Phil?!" I heard Dan say. I looked up and smiled at him, happy here was here to save me. Dan kneeled down beside me and cried out, "Oh my god, I was so worried-are you alright?" I shook my head but continued to smile at him. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly , not letting go for a long time.

"Phil? Why didn't you tell me you tell me that other people were involved, people who...rape you.." Mr. Ligouri suddenly said, his voice trembling. I turned my attention to him and said, "It never came up." He shook his head in replied, "Thank you for being so brave but I think it might be best for you to go home and relax." Now it was my turn to shake my head and Dan stepped in and said, "He'll be staying with me tonight."

"Oh, that's right, your father is the one paying for Paul..Well then yes, please stay the night with Dan." Mr. Ligouri said. Dan let go of me and stood up, helping me up as well. I wasn't strong enough to withhold my own weight so I instantly collapsed, the only thing preventing me from hitting the ground was Dan who had caught me.

Dan just put his arm around my waist and helped me to the vehicle we came in, requesting that we be dropped off at the school to retrieve Dans car.

The next day went like this too so I'll just skip the grim details of Friday's experience.

*Saturday*

I woke up in a cold sweat, clinging onto Dan for dear life. I'd had a nightmare and it shook me up pretty badly. I haven't had a nightmare since the day I first went to Dans house. I forgot what it was like to have a nightmare, I practically bathed in the sweet feeling of having a comfortable nights sleep but now that they were back, I didn't know how to feel. I forgot how to act when these terrors came about.

I shot out of bed and out of Dans warm embrace and went to the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and just let it all out. All of the food Dan had been forcing me to eat was now out of my stomach due to the gut-wrenching fear that nightmare had caused me.

I heard Dan shoot up out of the bed as he heard me hurling and I soon saw him coming into the bathroom. He gave me a look of sadness before kneeling down beside me and rubbing my back soothingly. "There-there. It's all better now, love. You're okay." He cooed soothingly in my ear.