EIGHT

Mere lafzon ko itni shiddat se na padha karoKuch yaad reh gaya toh bhool nahi paoge

Kuch yaad reh gaya toh bhool nahi paoge.

️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Mehr didn't want to go back home from the office, so she maneuvered her car towards a shopping mall. She was looking for some clothes for herself when her eyes fell on Ayesha, who was shopping in the kids section, with Eshal.

"Hey," Mehr went over to them.

Ayesha saw Mehr and relief flooded in her eyes. "Aapi, thank God you're here." She hugged her.

"Why? What happened?" Mehr asked.

Ayesha pointed at Eshal, who was staring at both the ladies, "Arsal bhai was supposed to take her shopping today. But he got some important work and asked me to bring her to the mall instead. But I'm so terrible at shopping for kids."

Mehr looked at the little motherless child and her heart went out for her. She had to rely on her relatives for such a small thing like shopping. She kneeled in front of Eshal and smiled. "Hi, Eshu. Do you remember me?"

"My name is not Eshu! It is Eshal." She replied as seriously as a three year old child could.

Mehr amusingly looked up at Ayesha.

"She is not fond of nicknames. She never lets anyone call her Eshu or anything else, except for Arsal bhai. Only her Abbu can call her Eshu." Ayesha told Mehr.

"Okay Eshal," Mehr again said to the little girl.

"You're the pretty lady from the party." Eshal replied.

"Yes, and you can call me Mehr." Mehr cutely pinched her nose.

"But Abbu says we should not call elders by their name." Eshal pouted, making Mehr awe at her.

"He is right, but I'm an exception. You can call me by my name." Mehr told her. "Now, do you want me to help you shop?"

Eshal nodded enthusiastically as her Aysh phupho was taking too much time to shop and she was getting tired. Mehr looked through the racks and chose some outfits and then showed them to Eshal. The ones that Eshal approved were put into the shopping cart. It didn't take them more than half an hour before Ayesha was paying for all the stuff.

"Aapi, come home with us." Ayesha invited Mehr.

"No, some other time." Mehr tried denying, but when Eshal held her hands and asked her to come, she couldn't say no. It seemed like that little angel had won over her heart.

"Dadi, see I got such beautiful dresses." Eshal ran to her grandmother, Zartaaj, and hugged her. Ayesha and Mehr followed her inside the mansion, smiling at her excitement.

Zartaaj saw Mehr and gave a surprised smile.

"Assalam Alaikum, aunty." Mehr hugged her.

Ayesha told her mother how they had come across in the mall and how Mehr saved her from shopping for Eshal.