EIGHTEEN

Humne aksar tumhari raahon meinruk kar apna hi intezaar kiya hai

ruk kar apna hi intezaar kiya hai.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Yes, aunty. Arsal and I would be waiting for you at the wedding. Of course. Bye, take care." Mehr hung up the call.

It was Tuesday, and she was personally calling a few guests to invite them.

She checked the guest list and started to dial the number of the next person.

"Ma'am?" A worker called for her.

She looked up.

"All your stuff from your Mumbai apartment has arrived. Where should we keep them?" He asked. A few guys stood behind him holding cartons.

"Just keep them in my room." She ordered them.

After resigning from her job, she had arranged for her stuff and car to be delivered to Delhi.

The workers left towards her room, and she called the next number. It rang a few times before the person on the other end received the call. "Hello."

"Hey, Parishay? It is me, Mehr. Are you busy?" Mehr asked as she knew Parishay must be in the office.

"Ohh, hi. How are you?" Parishay was taken by surprise and one could hear that in her voice.

"I'm busy, given that my wedding is just three days away." Mehr chuckled. "I'm calling to invite you for it."

"I heard. Congratulations. But you shouldn't have bothered calling, Mahad Sir already invited me." Parishay was not used to people making any extra or special efforts for her.

"He did?" Mehr was surprised. "He's one step ahead of me. Anyway, I wanted to call you personally and make sure you'd come. I'd sent a wedding invitation to you, but it probably hasn't reached you by now."

"I don't think so."

"It'll be delivered soon. Now I've to get going. I've so much work left and such little time. See you on Thursday?" Mehr asked.

"Yes, bye."

"Bye."

Parishay had a huge smile on her face as she hung up the call. Around an hour later, a delivery came in her name. It was the wedding invitation. The haldi ceremony was on Thursday morning; mehendi on the same day in the evening and the nikah on Friday. Parishay was still going through it when Mahad exited his office and walked towards her.