FIFTEEN

Puri duniya ke jazbaat ek taraf, Tujhse woh pehli mulaqat ek taraf

Tujhse woh pehli mulaqat ek taraf.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"You want to WHAT?" Faiza's voice echoed in the haveli. All the members of the Hussain family were seated in the living room.

Mehr had sat by Eshal's side till she woke up at the crack of dawn. The heart-melting smile that she had given upon seeing Mehr was enough for Mehr to know that she had made the right decision. Thankfully her fever had gone down, and after assuring Eshal a lot of times that she'd see her soon, Mehr had come back home.

She had then requested a maid to inform her parents and brother that she was calling them down. She had sat them down and then broke the news that she wanted to marry Arsalaan.

"You want to marry a guy who's been married already, has a daughter from that previous marriage and, to top it off, isn't even financially strong?" Faiza was still shocked at the outrageous thing her daughter had said.

"Yes," Mehr replied without missing a beat. "If that's how you see Arsalaan, then be it." She was tired of her mother seeing everything and everyone by it's monetary worth.

"Absolutely not." Faiza said in a very angry, authoritative tone.

"Faiza, calm down." Tahir spoke for the first time.

Mahad was also sitting there silently, watching the drama unfold. Ever since Arsalaan had talked to him, he knew that this day would come. No way their mother would agree to this.

"Mehr, do you understand what you're saying is huge? Marrying in itself is such an important decision, and this marriage would also bring a child with it. You'd not only become someone's wife, but also the mother of a child that is not your own." Tahir was processing the situation himself, while breaking it down for Mehr as well.

"I know, baba. And I am ready for it." Mehr was full of determination.

Faiza's anger was escalating with every word coming out of Mehr's mouth. "Has this girl gone crazy? You're the only daughter of Hussain khandaan, the princess of this family. And you want to marry a guy who is clearly not worthy enough for you, and become a nanny to his daughter?"

"Who are you to decide if he deserves me or not? And I'd not be Eshal's nanny, I'd be her mother." Mehr was losing her patience. She could not hear anyone speaking ill about Arsalaan and Eshal.

"Allah, I am sure this is all Arsalaan's doings. He has trapped you with his sweet talks, and you like a fool fell for him." Faiza slapped her forehead.