THIRTY

Kya pata tha ki mohabbat hi hojaegi, Hume toh bas tera muskuraana aacha laga tha

Hume toh bas tera muskuraana aacha laga tha.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Faiza and Tahir were relaxing in their room after lunch when a servant came to inform them that Mahad was home and had requested them to come out. When they came into the living room, they didn't find Mahad alone, Parishay was with him.

"What's going on Mahad?" Tahir questioned.

Mahad glared at Faiza and answered, "Why don't you ask Ammi?"

Tahir frowned and looked at his wife. "Faiza?"

"I don't know what he's talking about." Faiza said, looking between Mahad and Parishay.

Mahad chuckled sarcastically. "Really? You don't know? Should I say it out loud then?"

Faiza stayed quiet, so Mahad turned towards Tahir. "Baba, she tried to create differences between me and Parishay so that she can separate us."

Tahir looked utterly confused.

So Mahad took a deep breath to keep his anger in control before telling Tahir everything in detail. When he was done speaking, Faiza was giving a hard look to Parishay, Tahir looked shocked and somewhat ashamed, while Parishay quietly sat on the couch with tears in her eyes.

"I didn't expect this from you, Faiza." Tahir's tone wasn't angry, it was disappointed. He was disappointed at his wife, or maybe at his expectations. He was familiar with Faiza's thinking, but he'd have never expected her to do something so vile.

Faiza rolled her eyes. "Of course, you all will make me the villian, like you did during Mehr's wedding. I'm the bad person here. I'm bad for wanting the best for my children, for praying for a happy life for them."

"They will have a happy life if you let them live peacefully." Tahir lost his cool and shouted. "Mehr and Mahad are not two-year olds for us to make their life decisions. They are old enough to choose for themselves. As parents, we should give them their freedom and trust our upbringing that they'll choose the right things for themselves." Tahir tried to put sense into Faiza.

Faiza snapped back with, "They have lost their minds in love. First Mehr went and married Arsal for the love of his daughter. And now Mahad is in love with this good-for-nothing girl, who's only interested in his money. But I'll not let it happen. You all didn't let me do anything during Mehr's time, but I'll not let my son repeat the same mistake."

Faiza then glared at Parishay and started marching towards her. "I'll not let my son fall into your trap."

Parishay stood up from the couch in horror, but before Faiza could reach her, Mahad came in between them and shielded Parishay behind him. "Don't, Ammi. Don't even think about hurting my wife."