TWELVE

Meri galtiyon ka hisab hai uske paas, Magar meri mohabbat ka koi jawaab nahi

Meri galtiyon ka
hisab hai uske paas,
Magar meri mohabbat
ka koi jawaab nahi.

️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Eshal had not been her normal self since the day Mehr had told her that she'd go back to Mumbai. She ate and played fine, but sometimes Arsalaan would find her just sitting quietly and not doing anything. He knew that Mehr's words had affected Eshal a lot.

Lately, he'd been working on a pitch to some investors. He really needed the meeting to go successful for the betterment of the company. There were still a few weeks left for the meeting, and he was spending most of his time working and discussing with his employees.

Today was Sunday, and Arsalaan had some free time. So he decided to take Eshal to the park. He first took her to the swing. As he pushed her from the behind, she shrieked in joy. After a while, they went towards the slide. Eshal had always been afraid of those things, but after Arsalaan assured her numerous times that he'd catch her when she'd come down, she climbed up the stairs and then slided down. As promised, he caught her and then she ran back to the stairs again. After she was done with the rides, she wanted to run around. So Arsalaan took a seat on one of the benches and kept an eye on her.

Finally exhausted, she came to him. She sat with him for a while before he saw an ice cream stall.

"Do you want ice cream?" He asked her, and she nodded yes immediately.

He took her to the stall and ordered her favorite oreo ice cream. After paying the vendor, when he looked back at Eshal, he saw her looking somewhere. He followed her eyes and found a young girl, around Eshal's age, eating ice cream, while her mother was wiping some melted ice cream from her hands and lips.

He looked back at his daughter and crouched down at her level. "There you go, sweetheart." He passed her the cone.

She took it from him and started licking on it slowly.

_______________

On Monday, Arsalaan went to Mahad's office. He needed to talk to his best friend. Like their younger days, they didn't meet each other everyday. Both of them had gotten busy with their work and lives, and Arsalaan especially had been too occupied with Eshal and starting a new company. But they both didn't need to speak everyday to keep their friendship alive. They knew that whenever one person needed the other one, he'd be standing outside his door.

Arsalaan didn't see Parishay at her desk, so he directly knocked on Mahad's office. He went inside and found both Mahad seated on his chair, while Parishay was reading something to him from her iPad.

"Arsal, what a surprise!" Mahad stood up to hug his friend.

"Hello, Parishay." Arsalaan politely greeted her.