TWENTY-SIX

Ek baar aur ulajhana hai tumse, Bahut kuch suljhaane ke liye

Bahut kuch suljhaane ke liye.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Assalam Alaikum, Baba." Mehr hugged Tahir tightly. This was the first time she was meeting him after her marriage, which was a month ago.

"Walaikum Assalam, meri beti." Tahir kissed her head.

Mehr then hugged Mahad, before asking them to sit. Arsalaan also said his salam to his father-in-law and hugged his best friend.

Hearing all the voices, Eshal and Parishay, who were in Eshal's room, came out to the living room. Parishay had come early to help Mehr with the cooking. Mahad's eyes brightened seeing his woman, and a faint blush appeared on Parishay's cheeks as well.

"Hello, Mr Hussain." Parishay politely greeted Tahir.

"Parishay, you're here too?" Tahir asked in a surprised tone.

"Ji, Baba. We've become good friends now." Mehr replied.

"That's good." Tahir nodded. "But beta, please don't be so formal. You can call me uncle."

Parishay smiled at his kindness. "Yes, uncle."

"And how is my doll?" Tahir opened his arms for Eshal and she came into them. Eshal and Tahir weren't too close yet, but she knew that he was her new nana and she was warming up to him slowly. Tahir showed her all the toys and gifts he'd gotten her.

"Is sab ki kya zarurat thi?" Arsalaan said to Tahir, looking at the toys.

"Every grandparent has the right to spoil their kids." Was Tahir's reply.

Mehr asked everyone if she should set the table now, and they said yes. She got up to go to the kitchen. Parishay offered to help her, but Arsalaan asked her to sit and went to help Mehr himself. After the food was served, Mehr called everyone to eat. The meal was filled with love and laughter. Eshal was also enjoying the people around her. But what no one noticed was Parishay's demeanour that changed midway during the meal because Mahad had held her hand under the table.

After brunch, Eshal asked Arsalaan and Mahad to play with her and they readily agreed. Parishay also joined them. Mehr smiled at the four playing as she took the leftover food to the kitchen. Tahir followed her.

"Need any help?" He asked.

She shook her head. "I'm almost done. Would you like some green tea?" She asked, knowing her father's habits well.