Chapter 6

TRIS POV

I'm walking with Tobias to Uriah's ward right now. Christina insisted we see his body one last time. I don't know how am I going to handle that sight but I want to see him. We reach the room and I open the door and both of us go in. There lies a lifeless Uriah, his face slightly pale. I go and take his hand and soon, I regret doing it. Because his hand is ice cold, and it makes tears well up in my eyes and slide down my cheeks. Tobias puts his arm around me.I look up to find him looking at Uriah sadly.Soon, all the others come. Christina puts her hand over her mouth when she sees Uriah. Zeke's shoulders are shaking. He's trying not to break down.I go over to him.

 "You don't have to act strong here, Zeke. This your brother, your blood-related brother, everyone will understand if you break down now, besides, the sadness and stress will only get worse if you hold it back in. Now is your time to break, Zeke." I tell him. With that he sinks to his knees and tears start streaming down his face. Tobias grabs Zeke's shoulders and grips it tightly.He stays that way for a while and gets back up.He smiles at me. Wow, that was fast mood changing.We go out of the room and Zeke turns to me. He looks at me like he is trying to solve a puzzle, like a curious look.

" You know what, Tris? I know now that I have to move on. From all of this. I feel much better after pouring all my feelings out, you know" He says to me. I smile at him. Tobias is smiling too.

"So next time, no matter how you feel, don't control it , because it will only make things worse." I tell him.

"So are we staying here or go back to city?" Zeke asks.

"I think going back to the city is better, now that the factions are gone, I think it would be much better if we go there." I say. Both of them nod in agreement.

"Can I come too?" Someone asks from behind us. We turn and see Matthew behind us.

"You want to come?Why?" I ask. He has practically lived here for his whole life, so why would he want to leave with us?

"I'm kinda starting to hate this place. I thought there were good people here with good motives to help cities. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong." He says.

"If that's the reason, by all means go ahead" Tobias says to him.

"Great! When are we leaving?"He asks.

"Tommorow" I say.