Chapter 26

Tris POV

That was really strange. We were attacked out of nowhere. It's been one week since that incident and Tobias has been behaving really strange. On that day, after the attack, we went back to our apartment to tend to our wounds. The wounds weren't really severe. I remember Tobias saying that he was dragged into a corner and he felt a sharp pain on his neck, as if someone was injecting something into his neck. That's what I'm thinking about these days. What if someone really injected something into him? Also, his strange behaviour nowadays. He acts normal in front of our friends but when we are alone, we aren't as close as we would usually be when we're alone.

The amount of communication between us has also been decreasing. He barely talks to me. Even whenever I talk to him, he just gives me one-word or phrase answers. What's happening to us? Is he growing bored of me? Why is he like this nowadays? I'm worried, or to admit, more like scared. Scared that he'll leave me. Scared that every single dream I have of us will be gone. What should I do? I don't know. Oh, I don't know. The roar of the water blocks any other sound from my ears. The rushing water sprays my ankles, just like the first time when I came here with him. That's right, I'm in the chasm. I feel like a person who wakes up to find every single furniture in her room arranged in a completely different way. Disoriented, that's how I feel.

I know that I can't stay here for long. So I go to the dorms to sleep today. I don't feel like being around Tobias now. I'm sure neither does he want to be with me now. I find Christina already asleep, why does she still sleep here? I've been wanting to ask her that. Oh, well. I go and lie down on the bed beside hers. After a while, I still can't sleep. Then, I hear footsteps approaching the dorms. I sit up and approach the entrance. Tobias steps in.

"Tobias?" I say.

"What're you doing here?" He asks."Why didn't you come to my-sorry-our apartment today?"

"I didn't feel like it." I say.

"What'd you mean by you didn't feel like it?" He asks.

"Well, something feels off, Tobias. Something really feels off with us. I hate it." I say.

"What'd you mean?" He asks, looking clearly puzzled.

"You barely talk to me, Tobias. Even if I ask something, you just give me answers like 'yes' or 'no'. Tell me, Tobias, honestly. What's going on?" I ask.

"Oh...?" He trails off.

"Please don't be like this. I'd rather hear you say that you're getting bored of me than-" I start but he cuts me off with his lips on mine. Moments later, he pulls away, looking stern.

"Don't ever say that. I'll never get bored of you. I just don't know what's wrong with me. Something just causes me to act that way. I myself don't know what the hell is going on. Please don't doubt our relationship because of this." He says. Okay? What's that supposed to mean?

"Please stay with me in our place, Tris?" He pleads. I nod and follow him out.

This is getting stranger by the minute. What's going on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wassup with our dear Fourtris? Keep reading to find out more. Until then, see you, initiates!! =)