Chapter 7

TOBIAS POV

We're all packed and reaady to go. Amar and George are waiting for us outside with a truck,in which they'll drive us back to Chicago. For some reason, I just can't wait to go back. I think we'll go back to the Dauntless compound, where Tris and I share many memories, like the day of our first meeting, the I started to change as a whole. All because of her, Tris. Tris enters the room and sees me.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks. I nod excitedly and grab my bag. 

"Why are you so excited?" She asks.

"I just can't wait to go back to the compound, you know." I tell her. 

"How many Dauntless do you think will be left there?" She asks. 

" Well, honestly, Tris, I don't think you can expect that place to be crowded with people clad in black" I say. She nods in agreement.

"Tobias," She starts. I raise my eyebrows."I will ask you a question now, promise me that you'll answer me honestly."

I motion for her to continue, What could be so serious,That I have to promise her to be honest with her? I start imagining the worst case scenarios, like what if she breaks up with me? But still, why would she break up with me? I'm going insane.

'You know that day when we pranked you?"She asks.I nod. I still haven't got back at them for that.

"Caleb told you I was dead, it wasn't true, but what if it had been true?Tell me honestly, Tobias.What would you have done?" She asks and I flinch slightly. Why is she asking me this? Isn't the answer obvious from how much I love her?

"Isn't the answer obvious,Tris? If you were really gone, I would've joined you shortly."I tell her. I'm not joking. It's true, I would've commited suicide or something.There's absolutely no way I would live without her. It would be too pain- filled, even for me.

"Tobias!" She shouts at me. I look at her. Her eyes are filled with shock."No way! Promise me, Tobias, now, that if I ever leave this world, promise me that you'd would move on with your life"

Now I'm shocked.Why would she want to leave me? Why wouldn't she want me to come with her?

"Tell me to promise you anything,Tris,anything, but this. Don't tell me to move on with my life without  you. That would never happen. It's impossible." I tell her." Why won't you want me to be with you?"

"It's not that I don't want you to be with me. It's just that I don't wanna ruin your life." She tells me.

"Now stop talking about your death and let's go, Tris. A war just ended. We should celebrate and be happy. Not talking about all these bad things." I tell her and we exit the room and make our way to the truck.