Chapter 22

TRIS POV

I never want to feel smaller than I do right now. Tobias already had a girlfriend and he never bothered to tell me! He cheated on me! He told me to be honest with him but it was such an irony, he himself was lying to me! All this time! Tears are streaming down my face right now, I'm walking to the dormitories since I'm most likely to find my best friend, Christina there. I hoping she would make me feel better. I reach the dorms and I'm still crying. Christina is there, lying on the bed, but dosen't see me coming.

"Christina?" I call her, my voice breaking slightly. She heard me but still dosen't look up.

"Oh, Tris! There you are! How did it go?" She asks.

I start crying loudly and sink down to my knees. Christina looks up now.

"Oh, Tris! What happened?!" Christina comes over to me and brings me to the bed. I explain everything.

"That, stupid, idiotic moron who-" Christina stops."Never mind.Tris you have to sleep here today. You aren't going anywhere near that liar unless he has a good reason for what he did, which I highly doubt."

I nod. "Thanks, Christina."

I lie down on the bed I used to sleep on during initiation. I soon fall asleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxTIME LAPSE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wake up in the middle of the night to sound of tight whispers but still loud enough for me to hear outside the dorms. The whipers get louder and louder to normal talking voices.

"Get lost! You hurt her! She came to me in tears because of you! I've seen her cry but I've never ever seen her cry like that before!" I regonise that voice to be Christina's.

"But I didn't mean to!" A man's voice yells. Tobias.

"What do you mean you didn't mean to?!" Christina yells back at Tobias.

"Please! I know she's sleeping but let me talk to her. I want her back! I'd go crazy without her!" Tobias yells, his voice breaks. He sounds like he's crying.

"No! I'm not letting you hurt her again! Go away!" I hear Christina yell at him.

"Please, I beg you! I can't hurt her!" Tobias is really crying right now. I hear silence for a while.

"Fine." Christina says flatly and I hear her walk away. Tobias comes into the dorms. His face is tear-stained.

"Tris? Tris!" He calls out and sees me. He runs over to me and pulls me into his arms. But I feel nothing but hatred. I squirm out of his arms and shove him away from me.

"Tris, please, let me explain!" He pleads. I hear desperation in his voice but I keep my face expressionless.

"There's nothing to explain! You already had a girlfriend and you were cheating on me the whole time! Do you have any idea how stupid I feel now?!" I yell at him with tears streaming down my face. He's crying too and looks utterly heartbroken. But I know he's just acting.

"Tris, Beartrice Prior, I have always loved you and I still do! Megan was nothing more than a friend to me. You are my first girlfriend. Please believe me! I was just too stunned! You don't have to feel stupid, I'm the one who's stupid! Please believe me! If you leave me, I'll go insane, I'll throw myself into the chasm. I'd rather die than live without you! Tris, please!" He pleads desperately.

Something in me tells me to believe him. I desperately want to. Should I? I decide to ask him.

"Can I trust you?" I ask him.

"Of course you can! Please believe me! I'm telling nothing but the truth!" He pleads and I wrap my arms around him tightly and bury my head in his chest still crying hard.

"Oh, Tobias!" I say.

"Oh my god, Tris! Do you really believe me? Do you really forgive me?" He asks and I nod. Relief floods his face. He slams his mouth down on mine passionately. I kiss back.

"But Tobias, I really want to sleep here tonight." I say and go lie down on the bed.

Tobias pushes the bed beside mine and lies down on it.

"Can I come in, lovebirds?" I hear Christina ask from outside.

"Of course." I reply.

"You 2 are so cute!" She exclaims and lies down on the bed beside mine. We fall asleep again.