KC 11 | 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘

MOIRA W.
JULY 16, 2020

Moira woke up early that next morning. Her body had always been her alarm because she woke up at around the same time every single day. The early hours of 8am—she could always count on it. Michael was sound asleep next to her, laying on his stomach, one arm under his head and the other at his side.

He was comfortable and Moira didn't want to accidentally wake him, so she slowly rolled out of bed and crept out of the room after grabbing her bag that was against the wall. She found the bathroom, happy the door was open, and made her way in so she could relieve herself and get herself together for the day—though they weren't doing anything but sitting in the house all day.

She returned to the bedroom and saw Michael—still asleep—was laying on his stomach now. With a gentle smile, she took him in. He made her so happy, and she could wholeheartedly say she was starting to fall in love with him. It was really early on, but something about their relationship felt so right.

Moira let her eyes travel his body, landing on his shorts. She quickly looked away upon noticing his print and internally scolded herself for letting herself do that. The door opened and she quickly turned around to see Beauty enter the room.

"Daddy," she called.

Michael's eyes opened instantly, and he lifted his head up. Talk about light sleeper. "Good mornin', mama," he first addressed his daughter, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

He got out of bed and while passing Moira, sent a kiss to her forehead, saying good morning to her as well. He picked up his daughter and leaned back a bit to look at her. "Wassup? You okay?"

"I'm hungry," she uttered quietly.

"Okay. You want cereal?"

"No." Her head shook.

"What you want?"

"'Ion know." There was a pout on her lip. Moira smiled because Beauty was starting to remind her so much of herself.

Michael tried to think up something fast. He knew how his daughter could get when she started being indecisive about stuff. It frustrated her and made her antsy. "Umm... you want eggs and toast?"

"'Ion want toast."

"Eggs and bacon?"

"Um, yeah."

Michael nodded his head. "Okay."

Moira spoke up, a smile on her face from watching their interaction. "I can make it." She never minded cooking, and Michael's kitchen was bigger and nicer than hers. She could definitely cook in his kitchen.

"Yeah, she can make it."

"You don't want me ta' make it?" Michael jerked his head back as if he was offended. His eyes switched between his girlfriend and his daughter repeatedly.

"I want Moira ta' do it."

He scoffed and put her down. "Aight, then... shit. You can go ahead and live with her then."

She whined, "Nooo, daddy."

He knew not to joke around with Beauty that way because of how sensitive she was, but always found himself doing it anyway.

"Nah, since you don't want me ta' do nothin' fa' you no more. Das perfectly fine, I ain't trippin'."

"'Ion wanna live with her," she mewled.

Michael let up, not wanting to listen to a tantrum this morning. He held his hand out to touch her cheek. "I'm playin', mama. Calm down, you ain't goin' nowhere."