✞ 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 ✞

AUGUST 10, 2005

AUGUST 10, 2005

imaushi hoshiko didn't know if that was a dream or if she really somehow traveled to the world she was once apart of. but either way, something inside of her changed after that. opening her eyes for the first time after the accident, she felt like a new person.

she expected to see an empty room when she woke up, but that wasn't the case. the white ceiling was the first thing she saw, soft snores was the first thing she heard and someone holding her hand was the first thing she felt.

turning her head to the side, she didn't know who to expect. it could be anyone. but a bright, soft smile spread on her lips as she saw familiar blonde hair, that was messy as hell. a frown appeared on her face as soon as she saw the state the boy was in. dark eyebags under his eyes, the messy hair, the pale skin. it was obvious that he wasn't taking care of himself well.

"rise and shine, sleeping beauty. ready to get your ass beat?" her head snaps to the opposite direction. she didn't know how she didn't notice her own brother as soon as she woke up. he looked tired as well and she couldn't help but feel bad.

"i'm sorry.."

"it's not your fault, hoshiko, i just wish you were more careful and less reckless. you scared us all, you know." her eyes fall on the sleeping mikey, who didn't look in peace even if he slept. "he hasn't left your side for the whole week. threw tantrums and literal objects at doctors when they asked him to leave. he would leave but them sneak back in, so they just gave up and let him stay. everyone tried to take him home, but he refused. he barely slept, ate or showered."

"i'll need to apologise to him.."

"i'll get the doctors and give you two some space." the older male gets up and leaves the room. the female smiles softly at the boy and reaches for his hair, trying to untangle the birds nest as softly as she could. but that still woke the boy up. he sits up, not realising that she was awake and rubs his eyes. then he looks at her and blinks a couple of times. the next thing she knew, he was on top of her, his arms around wrapped tightly around her body.

"don't fucking scare me like that again, idiot!" he shouts. the female freezes once she feels something wet against her skin. he was crying...

"i'm here, manjiro, i'm not leaving. i promised, didn't i? i promised i'll always be with you, through thick and thin. no matter what the future held for us, i'll always be by your side." she runs her fingers through her hair, her other arm wrapped around him.
"now..i heard you hadn't been taking care of yourself! want me to go mom mode on you?"

"i was afraid...that if i took my eyes off of you, you would disappear."

"i'm not going anywhere."