Chapter 19

The two days fly by and i soon find myself moving my things into my new apartment. Luckily the moving company had a sweet deal on getting your things packed and flew to your new destination in 48 hours. The moving team was efficient and moved like a well oiled machine. I stood by door as they carried in box after box of my belongings.

I heard a light tap on the door and saw Bryan peeking his head through. "Howdy neighbor." he says smiling at me. "Can i come in?" he asks gesturing inside.

"Yeah sure." i say.

"Man what did you do? Bring all of New York with you?" he asks looking around at all of the boxes?

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." i say hitting him on his shoulder.

"Watch it now." he says looking down at me. "So when are these guys going to be done? It's almost dark." he asks.

"They have a few more boxes to bring up and they have to set my bed and dressers up and then they'll be out of here.." i say sighing

"Good. So how about i go get dinner started over at my place and you meet me there?" he asks turning to me with a serious face.

"I don't know." i say looking around.

"I won't bite i promise." he says with a playful laugh. "I know you gotta be tired, i just want to feed you." he says with a small smile.

"I have so much unpacking and organizing to do." i say sliding my hands into my back pocket.

"I'll help you with all that tomorrow." he says taking a step closer. "I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Fine." i say finally.

"See you soon then." he says walking around me and out the door.

"Yeah. See ya."

The movers finish setting up my bed and leave. I'm rifling through my boxes trying to see which box has my under garments and which ones have my regular clothes. I rush to get in the shower and make sure i scrub and shave ever knock and cranny of my body. When i get out i throw on my matching Fenty Savage black lace lingerie and my Fenty hoodie onesie and head over to Bryan's.

Before i can knock he opens the door.

"You got Spidey senses?" i ask laughing.

"Nope, just a peep hole camera with the monitor set up in my kitchen. You should get one." he says closing the door behind me.

"Yeah probably." i say taking a peek around his place. It looked like my place but very masculine. He had all black everything and it looked great with all the marble and silver in the apartment.

"You can join me in the kitchen if you'd like or you can go find a movie in the living room."

"Let me see what you're cooking." i say heading towards the kitchen. "It's smells really good in here." i say taking the lids off the pot. He's made lemon pepper salmon, broccoli with cheese and mashed potatoes from scratch with the skin. 

"I know how to do a little something, something." he says with a laugh. " Do you want me to whip up you a pomergrant martini?" he ask turning to me.

"Why not." i say smiling back.

We end up sitting on the floor around the glass center piece table in his living room watching Kingsmen. The silence is comfortable so i'm shocked when he breaks it.

"What brings you back?" he asks pushing his food around his plate.

"Huh?" i ask confused.
"I read an article about you awhile back that said that you were thriving in New York. So what brought you back?" 

I contemplated the question and thought on whether i should just be honest. What the heck i thought.

"My dad has cancer so i'm just going over everything so there can be a smooth transition." i say exhaling.

"Wow." he says putting his fork down. "You just said that so calmly." he said looking at me intently.

"Yeah, i guess i'm just trying to come to terms with things."

"Well it's a big deal, your dad's a legend in the entertainment business. No offense to you but do you think you can do what he does?" he asked.

"I hope so." i say quietly.

He begins typing away on his phone and i take my dishes into the kitchen.

"You can just place them in the sink, i'll take care of them." He yells out. "I'm going to the bathroom really quick i'll be back.

I return to the living room and try to focus in on the movie. His phone starts to ring with "Agent" popping up on the screen. The ringing stops and i continue watching the movie. The phone starts ringing again. Geez where is he?

Soon his the ringing stops and there is a ding indicating that there is a text message.

"Your phone is blowing up." i yell out.

"Don't worry about it." he yells back.

The rest of the night is uneventful and soon he's walking me out.

"It was nice having some normal company over for a change." he said opening the door for me.

"Well what kind of company have you been having?" i ask laughing. "Should i be worried?"

"I'm the least of your concerns." he says staring down into my eyes.

I clear my throat. "Well i have a big day tomorrow so i should get going." I say walking towards my apartment door.

"Of course. I understand. We should do this again sometime though.

"I'll think about it." i say sticking my key in my door.

"Next Friday." he says with a smug smile.

"I'll think about it." i repeat knowing full and well that i would be there next Friday night.

"Yeah,ok." he says with a knowing smile.

"Good night." i say closing my door.

"Good night." i hear from the other side.

I lean against my door for a second taking in the moment.

In this moment i felt peace and that was enough for right now. I walk into my room and get in between the covers of my bed waiting for sleep to carry me off. 

Maybe this won't be so bad i think drifting off.