Chapter 10-Thursday, July 15th, 1999

I woke up with nothing special actually nothing really exciting happened on that morning or afternoon apart from Hope coming over to stay with us for the rest of summer, it wasn't till the evening while we were in the garden talking until things got exciting.

"So, who is coming to this party?" Asked Boddicker.

"Well, it's us plus JP, Colt, Faith, Asher, Psych, and Kaya." Said Liv.

"Don't forget about Fog and his crew," I said puffing out some smoke.

"My brother plus Ryan and Link will probably want to come as well." Added Cayden.

"Also, JP will bring his brother and Duke." Said Flynn.

"That plus some people in the grades below and above so that it's massive," I said.

"Can I come?" asked Cam.

"I guess but no drinking" commanded Franchesca.

"Come on one beer please?" begged Cam.

"No way, your Mom would kill us if she found out." Said Boddicker.

"Also, you're only eleven you should be focused on playing and having fun, not drinking." Added Hope.

"Yeah but it's Shade Cove and drinking is like the only thing to do." Moaned Cam. He did have a good point since we did start having a beer or two when we all turned twelve well apart from Cayden, he would steal a can of his Dad's beer and drink it on Friday during school at lunch and soon we joined in.

"Wait till you're twelve then maybe," I said as Mom walked out.

"Cam, your Mom is shouting for you to come home." She said she walked.

"Okay. I'll see you guys tomorrow" Said Cam as he ran off home.

"Also, do you kids want to come to Johnny's with us? You can drive the car around the fields." Asked Mom. The group swapped looks and agreed to go since at Johnny's he had a car that we could drive around in his field at any speed and not get in trouble for it. We hoped in the minivan with mom since only the girls could fit in Johnny's truck since Hope joined the group. Johnny's house was an old farmhouse out near Uncle John's. It was surrounded by a massive field that wasn't used for much. We pulled up to the house and parked.

"If you kids are looking for the car, it's around back and the keys are on the hook next to it." Said Johnny. We walked around to his garage, which was an old shed that was filled with loads of cool shit like bow and arrows, a gun closet, and all these knives but the main attraction was the Volkswagen beetle. It may not have been the best of cars, but it was still enough to have fun in. We took it for a couple of laps with me and Cayden taking turns driving. It was after an hour and a half that we decided to do the stupid shit and it was Cayden's idea of course.

"Do you reckon we could jump that river?" He asked. I looked at him with a grin on my face.

"I think we could," I said.

"Sweet, who else is coming?" Asked Cayden. No one stepped forward apart Maya.

"I'll come," She said till Flynn pulled her back and spoke.

"Look I wouldn't do that which means it's really stupid." Said Flynn That was enough to confess her to not do it.

"Fuck it, I'll come." Said Liv walking forward. I opened the door and pulled the seat forward to let Liv in the back seat. "Can I not go in the front seat?" She asked.

"No, it's not safe and I don't want you to get hurt," I said.

"Well, I don't want you to get hurt as well." She argued.