𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

'Pinky promise?'

JAMES JOGGED DOWN THE cobbled street of Diagon Alley on Thursday, running almost 15 minutes late for meeting Eleanor at the leaky cauldron

    He feels horrible as Eleanor probably thinks he's stood her up but he got held back at the Auror's office filing some paperwork on his recent ministry tasks.

He's almost knocked five people off their feet so far.

    As he neared the Leaky cauldron he slowed down slightly and attempted to catch his breath. He walked into the pub and scanned the area in search for the brunette.

He eventually spotted her sitting in a corner table with her notepad and pencils splayed out in front of her.

  He walked over to her and pulled out a chair, she had not yet noticed his presence.

"Still brilliant at drawing, i see" James said, catching her attention.

  She looked up at him suddenly, she noticed he was slightly sweaty and out of breath. She chuckled at his comment "And you're still not very punctual"

  He laughed "No, i'm not. i'm sorry for being so late, got caught up in work and ran here, almost knocking over like, ten people"

"Don't worry about it, it was nice to have a minute to draw anyway" she tidied away her stuff and put them in her tote bag.

  "I would offer to order you some food but i'm pretty sure most of it is still alive"

"Ah yes, the pea soup" she laughed "Probably safest to stick with a butter beer"

  James smiled "I'll go order you one" and got up to order drinks from the bartender Tom.

Eleanor's eyes followed him as he approached the bar, she sighed, hoping she could fix things between them both.

  There is definitely tension between them both, like a invisible pole wedged between them, keeping them distanced.

It's a horrible feeling, seeing the person you love/loved after so many years and everything be so unfamiliar, Like you're strangers.

  Eleanor supposed she only has herself to blame for that.

James walked back over carrying two butter beers and places one in front of Eleanor.

  "Thank you"

"How's Scotland been treating you?" James asked leaning back in his chair.

  "It's been amazing, I just love that atmosphere there, i guess." she told him, he noticed how her eyes lit up as she spoke about it.

"Bakery doing good?"

"Yeah! really well actually, better than we expected" she said "How's being an Auror?"