𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

'i will always forgive you'

  HARRY'S HEARING HAD GONE WELL and James was extremely relieved to say the least

   He had prepared himself for the worst scenario possible and was worried he would have to homeschool him or perhaps send him to Durmstrang and Harry was not impressed by that idea.

  As soon as they got home Harry rushed to find some parchment so that he could Owl Eleanor and tell her the good news.

    James had noticed how fond of Eleanor Harry had gotten since visiting her, he Owled her often and always came down to see her after the order meetings.

  Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's, except Ginny all got to sit in one of the meetings much to some of the adults dismay. James was hesitant at first to let Harry know about what the Daily Prophet is saying about him and Dumbledore but decided that he might as well know now instead of later.

It scared James that Harry's name and face were plastered over the daily prophet, he felt like tracking down every copy and shredding them to pieces.

  Harry had lost someone, yet they write about it like it's some gossip. James couldn't even begin to imagine how Mr and Mrs Diggory were feeling with the minister dismissing how their son had died.

James had been having nightmares ever since the tournament, laying lifeless on the grass was Harry instead of Cedric and Just like Amos, James would be sobbing into him and then he would wake up sweating and gasping for air.

Tonight was one of those nights, he bolted up chest heaving and rubbing his hands over his face sighing in relief that it wasn't real.

He climbed out of his bed in Grimmauld Place and decided to go downstairs to get a glass of water. He was trying to be as quiet as possible as he walked past the room Remus and Sirius were sharing.

Slowly creeping down the stairs he made it outside of the kitchen and noticed the lights were on, he slowly opened the door and peeked in and found Sirius sitting at the table with a mug in front of him.

"What are you doing up?" James asked causing Sirius to jump.

"Bloody hell, Prongs! i think i just shit myself" Sirius yelped.

"Sorry, mate" James laughed and walked over to the sink to fill up a glass with water "Didn't mean to scare you"

"Scare me? i think you just took about 10 years off my lifespan" Sirius breathed out looking over at James.

"12 years in Azkaban and your still extremely dramatic" James joked, sitting down opposite him.

"That was uncalled for" Sirius said looking at James seriously but them broke into a smile, "What are you doing up anyways"