9 - Got Milk?

The champagne which was served up in paper cups tasted dry, the bubbles scratching my throat.

I couldn't even look at the nibbles which consisted of cocktail sausages and party rings. Tied to the buffet table were many colourful balloons, all with the word 'CONGRATULATIONS!' plastered luridly across their faces, and next to the food sat a stack of cardboard party hats which no one wore except for Dumbledore. He chose a purple one.

It was freakishly like a kid's birthday party, and I wasn't surprised when music was blasted in with songs which I recalled from my childhood.

When 'If You're Happy And You Know It' played for the millionth time, I wondered if I could stab myself to death with one of the little wooden cocktail sticks.

Most of us were sat around in horrified silence, the shock of seeing our numbers dwindle once again rendering us mute. I couldn't help but notice that they had taken away more of the beds, making the large dormitory seem empty and hollow.

The guards walked amongst us with bottles of champagne, helpfully refilling empty cups. I suppose I should have been suspicious of this, but I was keen to numb my mind, so gratefully chugged it down.

It was after my third drink when Draco Malfoy approached me, removing the paper cup from my hand and shaking his head at the approaching guard.

"She's had enough," he insisted when the guard said he had his orders to make sure every player's cup was to be filled at all times.

He glared defiantly at the masked guard until he finally gave up and walked away.

"Well, thank you for that," I muttered sarcastically, "but I haven't nearly had enough."

"Don't be stupid," Draco snarled, lowering himself down on the step next to me. "You're going to need your head for tomorrow's game."

He had a point. But I was already regretting coming back into this, the knowledge that the death wasn't over, and it was looking highly unlikely any of us would make it out alive, let alone with millions in our pockets.

"I just- I just wanted to take my mind off all of this." I muttered dully, hanging my head heavily.

"You know-" Draco murmured quietly, his eyebrow giving a little lift as his eyes mischievously twinkled, "there are uh- other ways to do that."

I knew where this was going. I'd been around long enough to know when I was being propositioned.

And actually, right then, I decided I could do with a really good fuck. It didn't matter that I couldn't stand the guy, for I could not care less with whom I fucked right then, such was my desire for some kind of escape. Just so long as he was easy on the eye... and I couldn't deny Draco Malfoy was indeed that.

Evidently seeing it my eyes, he slowly rose back to his feet and said, "Bathroom. Five minutes."

I didn't hesitate to follow.

******

He grabbed me so roughly the second I stepped into the bathroom, that I ended up gasping out loud which he silenced by violently attacking my mouth with his.

"Fuck, you taste so good," he grunted hoarsely against my lips as he pulled me urgently up against his hard body.

His aggression was welcoming, and I responded in kind, threading my fingers through his hair and tugging at the strands as we furiously kissed like two starved animals, my body feeling alive in a way that I hadn't felt in quite possibly ever.

We both groaned into each other's mouths as we stumbled into the nearest stall, the heat and energy immense as Draco kicked the door shut with his foot.