Boozer Part 13

"Wait, what? You did what exactly?" Hector leaned his elbows on the table, which was littered with their usual arrangement of food and alcohol.

"It was just a lunch date, Hector. Nothing to lose sleep over."

"Oh, I think that we'll be losing sleep from not knowing what's going on!" Tilly interjected, handing Raymond a beer. "And you kissed him as well?"

"No, he kissed me." he corrected both of them. "Are you getting this wrong on purpose, because you know I can have both of you fired within seconds" he laughed.

"One kiss and you're turning into him already." Hector accused him. "Isn't the kiss supposed to turn you into a prince? Because all I'm seeing so far is a frog, with a power complex."

"Shut up Hector! You're hardly one to give relationship advice," he snapped, throwing a pretzel at Hector's head, who threw one back at him.

"He has a point though," Tilly said in humor. "So when are you moving in with him?" she whispers leaning in closer.

"What did I tell you just now?!" he was getting irritated that they are purposefully getting the facts wrong. "I'm not in love with him, I will not fall in love with him and I will not be laughed at by others because I'm having an affair with my boss." He stated firmly, taking another mouthful of beer.

"Who was talking about falling in love?" Hector grumbled. "It's just a little harmless fun. Nobody would even know, since you spend so much time together anyway." Hector corrected him, filling his glass with more beer.

"Harmless fun always leads to one person having not so much fun in the end." he mused

"Look, just test the waters, okay? Like you said, it's nothing serious and you won't fall in love with him." Tilly pushed.

"Yeah mate, if it gets weird, you can always jump ship and remember that most of the people you worked with has made you bigger and better offers, so finding a job is not the issue." Hector offered.

"You think so?" Raymond asked. He did like the idea of giving it a go with Jackson, but that came with it's own set of risks. Should he, should he not... Why was he even contemplating something like this after six years of this not happening. 

"Of course we think so!" Tilly roared. "Now I think it's time for shots, to celebrate Raymond's new personal life and the perks that we'll have!" she held her glass up waiting for them all to toast with her. Raymond just threw his shot back, screwing his face up at the sour taste. 

"The only perks there'll be for you, is the fact that I don't throw you to the wolves" he laughed as their fried fish arrived.

On the other side of town, Jackson couldn't stop grinning while he drank his coffee. He'd just been reliving the whole afternoon to Asuka.

"Who knew you could be such a romantic, Jack!" she smiled broadly. "So, what's the next step."

"Good god woman, give me a few seconds to enjoy the moment!" he frowned at her. "What do you normally do on the third date?"

"Beats me. Maybe you're right to give him some time to make sense of all of this. You're rushing into dates as if they are going out of fashion." Asuka warned him.

"Don't worry. Before he knows what hit him, he'll see how he can't live without me."

"I think it's more the other way around. Would you be able to live without him if he leaves?" her question made him pause for a while.

"He's not going to leave me, stop saying that!" he said with confidence. "I just have to get him around."

--